PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

danimalia

Preferred Member
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Delicious and not too strong at all .. Great medium flavors but totally smooth
Awesome. I think this line and a few others made by My Father/The Garcias in both Nicaragua and Miami are not as spicy or strong as they used to be lately, but it's still a pretty fair representation of Nicaraguan cigars, so now you should feel emboldened to jump right in!

Country Squire Banner

luigi

May 16, 2017
Europe
How old was it? Cuban RyJ are a classic example of a blend that needs at least 5 years to stop tasting like peppery dirt
Good to know. I smoked it the same day I got it and I'm still lost in cigar world.
I've learnt so far that Habana taste is not something I'm looking for. Need something darker, stronger. I realized there are a lot of cheaper cigars from other Latino countries that sound like a good choice.

danimalia

Preferred Member
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Good to know. I smoked it the same day I got it and I'm still lost in cigar world.
I've learnt so far that Habana taste is not something I'm looking for. Need something darker, stronger. I realized there are a lot of cheaper cigars from other Latino countries that sound like a good choice.
I recommend searching for Nicaraguan cigars, particularly those with Maduro wrappers, such as those with Mexican San Andres or Connecticut Broadleaf wrappers. Not every Nicaraguan cigar with a San Andres wrapper is dark and strong, but many are! My favorite is probably La Mission du L'Atelier and I also really like El Borracho from Dapper Cigars.

pantsBoots

Preferred Member
Jul 21, 2020
Ain't no place I'd rather be
Arturo Fuente Añejo & Opus
Padron anything
Illusione Ultra
La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero if you want to go straight for the throat

cshubhra

Preferred Member
When I travel with family - Generally I don’t carry pipes or cigars. One more thing to worry about, and often I don’t have time. This time I am carrying both pipes and cigars. It is too cold outside, and it was very windy and the cigar burnt very fast! Yet it was a glorious smoke of a Padron 1826 Serie Natural in downtown Washington DCF46E2E6C-42A2-4E16-A33F-8125F806692F.jpeg

jttnk

Preferred Member
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
My first Kentucky Fire Cured by Drew Estate. (Cigarillo size) Really enjoyable. It like a bit of pipe tobacco smokiness. Mild to medium for a cigar, just a different profile than most cigars. Not as sweet or infused tasting as some of the Acids. Glad I grabbed a tin of these.

Country Squire Banner