Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Gave these Semois a few weeks in the humidor before smoking. They were so dry on arrival the wrapper just breaks at the slightest touch. Very light grassy flavour - good for a morning smoke.
Had it in tandem with a Balinese Janger (bought some years ago and stored in my humidor). A richer, earthy, chocolatey smoke compared to the Semois.

Accompanied by a cigar-infused grappa by Gianni Capovilla (one of the small band do obsessional distillers like Hans Reitsetbauer of Austria and Laurent Cazottes of France). A very fine grappa that would have paired better with one of the lighter Habanos eg Cuaba, Hoyo or Juan LopezView attachment 89439View attachment 89440View attachment 89441
Cigar-infused Grappa?! Whoa! I drank a decent amount of grappa when I was in Italy 10 years ago, along with plenty of Fernet Branca, but all the varieties I had were just whatever the bar sold when someone asked for grappa (what we call "well" liquor here in the US), and not anything cool like that. I'm trying to imagine what cigar-infused grappa would taste like... Was it peppery?

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Cigar-infused Grappa?! Whoa! I drank a decent amount of grappa when I was in Italy 10 years ago, along with plenty of Fernet Branca, but all the varieties I had were just whatever the bar sold when someone asked for grappa (what we call "well" liquor here in the US), and not anything cool like that. I'm trying to imagine what cigar-infused grappa would taste like... Was it peppery?
It has a slight herbal/vegetal character which I find difficult to pin down. I have only ever smoked tobacco but not "tasted" tobacco. I will have to chew some tobacco leaf to see what it tastes like. Intriguing !

Status
Not open for further replies.