PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
Thank you. I just use a Flair Neo with the standard pressurized basket/brewhead. I have really enjoyed roasting my own coffee a lot. It's fun, cost effective, and as great way to explore the coffees of the world. So I say go for it.

Now smoking a Herrera Esteli Miami with coffee from Java, Indonesia.

View attachment 99702
I reckon I will, well, when I'm out of isolation/lockdown due to covid again.
But I think I will have another crack at Turkish coffee in the meantime as I have it on hand, and time to kill.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Provenance? Short of knowing someone at El Laguito who can steal tobacco for you and roll this beast up, there has never been a Cohiba Figurado, save for some Pyramides (torpedo shape).

Real Cohiba also do not ever come in a box with a see-through top.
What do I know, anyway?, when compared to a pro?

Next question. Just because the band says Cohiba, and supposing it is, it's only the Behike that truly deserves our oohs and ahhhs?

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
What do I know, anyway?, when compared to a pro?

Next question. Just because the band says Cohiba, and supposing it is, it's only the Behike that truly deserves our oohs and ahhhs?
The Behike blend has fallen in quality since the original release, in my opinion. I'll take an Esplendido, Lancero, or one of the Siglos over a BHK.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
The Behike blend has fallen in quality since the original release, in my opinion. I'll take an Esplendido, Lancero, or one of the Siglos over a BHK.
So these cigars are by Cohiba? I used to read that the BHK commanded, I think, $30 per, whatever; but even if they had their fabled quality, what's the point of chasing them through possible counterfeit, etc., when the My Father Le Bijou, LP #9 and T52, etc. can reliably provide a surpassing smoke?

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
So these cigars are by Cohiba? I used to read that the BHK commanded, I think, $30 per, whatever; but even if they had their fabled quality, what's the point of chasing them through possible counterfeit, etc., when the My Father Le Bijou, LP #9 and T52, etc. can reliably provide a surpassing smoke?
BHK is a Cohiba branded cigar, but it is their mega premium offering, made with Medio Tiempo leaf. The sizes used to range in the $30-50 range (each), but now command several times that due to supply issues and skyrocketing prices of vices.

I am no fan of My Father or Liga Privada. I wouldn't say their smokes surpass much. The caveat is that I really enjoy the Cuban terroir and really do not enjoy the Nicaraguan terroir. If someone enjoys a MF or LP more than a BHK, more power to them and I envy their position.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Since I don't smoke, and even if I did I doubt I'd smoke many Cubans, because I'm a cheap bastard and wouldn't pay the freight. I envy you your connoisseur position to have smoked enough of both to know the difference such that you can state a preference.

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
I recently purchased a “sampler pack” from JR for lawn mowing smokes. Mowed the lawn last evening with a Oliveros Gran Returno Maduro (6X50) {made in the DR with Nicaraguan wrapper, binder, filler}. It was fine for its intended purpose. A little chocolatey and very strong. Actually, quite surprising strong in taste and strength. I have a pretty high nicotine tolerance and this one was more than noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.