PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farside

Lurker
Dec 30, 2022
Not a big smoker but have started making my own cigars this year from tobacco I grew and cured.
All the cigars so far have been mild and smooth. Rather low nicotine thanks to this being my first year growing the plant.
Having some trouble with securing wrappers, which may have something to do with the leaves being hail damaged, and a little too young to really be used for cigar making. Having trouble with rolling the ends too. It is certainly an artform.

Farside

Lurker
Dec 30, 2022
Not a big smoker but have started making my own cigars this year from tobacco I grew and cured.
All the cigars so far have been mild and smooth. Rather low nicotine thanks to this being my first year growing the plant.
Having some trouble with securing wrappers, which may have something to do with the leaves being hail damaged, and a little too young to really be used for cigar making. Having trouble with rolling the ends too. It is certainly an artform.
By securing, I mean keeping the wrappers from unwrapping themselves as they dry.
Been using honey mixed with alcohol to make a syrup. I guess that glue is too weak.

More honey, less booze lol!

Last edited:

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
By securing, I mean keeping the wrappers from unwrapping themselves as they dry.
Been using honey mixed with alcohol to make a syrup. I guess that glue is too weak.

More honey, less booze lol!

@Farside
May be of interest, the thread titled Javans Cigar Adventure (or similar) which is still active in the cigar section of the forum - may have to scroll down a bit.

Just a thought, you may find it interesting as it contains home rolled cigars.

Welcome to the forums and best of luck with your home grown fun!

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
Lost an entire crop one year to hail. Heartbreaking. May I ask how many strains of tobacco did you grow for your cigars? Wrapper, binder, filler all different or all the same? And I sent you a PM about glue.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Now that's one I haven't seen in a while. It was one of the better bargains on CA's list when I started getting into cigars back in like '06 - '07.. I have a pretty distinct memory of smoking one while stoned out of my mind and watching The Sopranos, lol....

Is that a recent purchase or one you've had sitting for a while?

Reactions: mtwaller
Status
Not open for further replies.