PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Last night it was a La Flor Dominicana double ligero natural lancero. Beautifully made cigar.
I think the LFD double ligeros are the closest in style to Cubans-very much like Cuban Partagas cigars.
Smoked it with my favorite Cognac made by Paul Giraud.
Interesting. I have noticed that some cigars that use Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper leaves like the LFD Double Ligero, can have some Partagas-esque flavors, though I hadn't noticed that with that specific cigar. I'll have to keep that in mind next time I smoke one. The LFD Doubles are fantastic cigars, and the lancero is probably the best vitola they're made in, IMO. The maduro versions are really good, too, but I think the "naturals" offer a bit more flavor.

I think some Honduran puros like the Aladino and Leaf by Oscar (Corojo and Sumatra versions) are reminiscent of Cuban Partagas. YMMV, of course.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
It's been a wild couple of weeks. The engine on my car died, so I had to use up all my savings to put a down payment on a new whip. But all is good, now. The new car and I are both safe at "home" in the Bay Area at my mom's house for Christmas. Had a delicious porchetta (?) Christmas eve dinner, and now a cigar.

HVC Seleccion No. 1 with some Kirkland Signature dark roast coffee. Time and place are definitely factors, but this is an excellent smoke. I've enjoyed all the HVCs I've had to varying degrees, but this is my favorite so far.

20221224_203932.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.