PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2019
Small holes and small sticks today: a belicoso La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial

itvekdQl.jpg

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Another Tatuaje with French inspired branding, and not real subtle about the inspiration, either. I actually think it's kind of rad, if a bit flashy. Cabaiguan 52.

View attachment 55557
The gold on the band is new, or is this a new brand addition? I just remembered I bought a single Cabaiguan a couple years ago after not having one since original release. I need to locate it and dig it out, now that I can appreciate a good Connecticut wrapper.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
The gold on the band is new, or is this a new brand addition? I just remembered I bought a single Cabaiguan a couple years ago after not having one since original release. I need to locate it and dig it out, now that I can appreciate a good Connecticut wrapper.
The band is new, and the size is new. This was the 52, but there is also a 54, basically the sizes are aping the Behikes. The guy at my B&M said he thought it was a new blend. I'd only had one Cabaiguan in the past, and this tasted different than the memory I have of the one I tried a few years ago, but who knows. I liked it. Thought it was more fully flavored than what I remember. Wouldn't buy a box, but I think its worthy of grabbing a 5er.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Just started a Macanudo Hyde Park, one of the 10 freebies that came with the cheap ass humidor.

It got this glowing 1 minute review...

View attachment 55748
? I like those! They benefit from a few weeks in the humidor. They can be bitter and ammonia-tasting if they haven’t gotten a chance to rest, but if they have they are a pretty good mild cigar, with lots of coffee and cream notes and some sweetness. Not the best sticks, but not bad for the price. I think I got 10 of them for less than $2 a piece last time I bought some. I like ‘em in the morning with coffee.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I liked "Nubs." In fact my last box was Rothschilds. I'd been smoking 6 X 52 for several years because. . .that's what everyone else did, and cigar sellers always pushed that size. Took awhile for me to question this. Typically I would adore the first inch, but then my brain went offline, only to return for the final third. I figure out that I preferred a smaller cigar.

Status
Not open for further replies.