PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
C&D Big 'n Burley is one of mine for sure. It's strong in Nicotine but deceptively smooth so that you can get a surprise about half way in.

Lately, my Nic Bomb iest tobacco is D&R Picayune, which is undeniably strong in nicotine. I think maybe in this case it's enhanced by the perique in the blend.

Jack Knife Plug is wonderful and can pack a punch too. It's got some of that C&D rich burley in it.

I've got some of C&D's cube cut burley as well as some of their Dark Burley and Cavendish cut burley...put em together and what have you got? A lot of burley.

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
I prefer flavour to nic.

Condor plug and brown Irish twist mixed is good strong smoke.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
C&D's Old Joe Krantz and Big & Burley are almost neck and neck with B&B getting the slight edge. I really need to lower my nicotine tolerance, but I'm having too much fun.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Captain Earle's Ten Russians has given me the spins on more than one occasion. But for whatever reason, the stand-out Nic-hit I ever took was S&G 1792. That was the closest to booting I have ever come and enjoyed the blend enough to keep coming back.
-Jason

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
OJK and Royal Yacht for me. Uni Flake has a decent amount, but I wouldn't call it a bomb.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Actually 1792 put my ads on the couch for a good half hour once, but I was drinking, not hammered but it definitely kicked my ass

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not after a nic hit in particular, but some of the more nic rich blends I enjoy are C&D Big 'n Burley, Dark Burley, Old Joe Krantz, and Billy Budd. I've tried Tambolaka and liked it, but 4noggins doesn't carry it now, I don't think. Tabac-Manil Semois (thick and medium cut) have a decided dose of nic. Royal Yacht and Nightcap. I like to rotate around among blends so the full-strength blends come across in turn. Otherwise you get accustomed and full-strength is all you can smoke.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
G&H Dark Flake and Plug along with Brown Bogie are the heavy hitters for me. Warrior Plug and PPP are not exactly lacking in nicotine either.
I'm with Dave though, give me tobacco flavour over nicotine strength any day.
Regards,
Jay.

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
Indeed, Tambolaka is no longer available, according to Rich @ 4noggins (sometime last year):

The man that grows it and sells it has not answered emails in the last 6 months. His emails are returned an undeliverable. I have no other way to contact him.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Brown rope #4, Nightcap, Old Dark Fired, and many things with Perique are what I go to. Still need to get Cotton Boll so I can remove that chrome from the bumper. :puffpipe:

jmagen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2016
Let me ask all you gentlemen this...how much nicotine do you feel you're getting? I dipped & chewed for pretty much 25 years. Last time I did either was at least 2 years go. I started pipe smoking and so far haven't felt so much as a head rush. I mostly only have time for one or two pipes a day, but even still I view that daily bowl as a wind down, slow down way to close the day. I don't feel any jones for it like when i was spitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.