PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2018
England
Watched the final Rambo movie on Amazon Prime recently, Rambo: Last Blood.

I love the first Rambo movie, which was more gritty and to me is an absolute classic. This final film wasn't even in the same league as that and I thought it was a shame to end such an iconic character/franchise on such a low note.
Be warned there are some pretty gruesome/violent scenes at the end of the movie.

I give it a 2/5

Trailer:

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
Really enjoying this

Attachments

• ABDA07B1-F2E0-4ECA-AF66-21C1A4E1C0C1.jpeg
    ABDA07B1-F2E0-4ECA-AF66-21C1A4E1C0C1.jpeg
    143.5 KB · Views: 4
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Finished the fifth season of Peaky Blinders the other day. It was pretty good, although a few of the bigger plot twists were a bit predictable. Still an enjoyable show if you can handle the constant F-bombs. Definitely have to watch it after the kids are asleep if you have little ones.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
The Assassination of Gianni Versace:American Crime Story.

Based on the life of Andrew Cunanon and his obsession with fame. It also tells, to a lesser extent, the life of Mr. Versace and his fateful encounter with that obsession.

This has been a good series. Well scripted, well acted (even Ricky Martin does a good turn) and well shot, there is not a lot to dislike here. Even the "shaky-cam" is held to a minimum.

4 outta 5.

Reactions: dcon

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
The Assassination of Gianni Versace:American Crime Story.

Based on the life of Andrew Cunanon and his obsession with fame. It also tells, to a lesser extent, the life of Mr. Versace and his fateful encounter with that obsession.

This has been a good series. Well scripted, well acted (even Ricky Martin does a good turn) and well shot, there is not a lot to dislike here. Even the "shaky-cam" is held to a minimum.

4 outta 5.
Ricky Martin is actually not a bad actor. Between his time in Menudo and his solo stardom with La Copa de la Vida and Livin‘ la Vida Loca he was a regular on GH (General Hospital) and was quite good in the role.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
Watched an interesting doccu-drama called The Man wh Saved the World. It’s about t Soviet nuclear ☢️ arms commander that made the conscious decision to ignore the computer warnings of an impending nuclear missile attack by the USA. Quite sobering, thank God it didn’t happen.

ron123

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
I'm part way into the 3rd and final season of Deadwood, on HBO. The Al Swearengen character is awesome. Lots of swearing, besides f-bombs, "c***sucker" figures heavily into the dialogue. Speaking of which, the dialogue is really well wrtitten. Could use a little more nudity LOL. 4 out of 5 stars!

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Currently binge watching the 10 disc box set of 'Prime Suspect', a brit cop drama from the early/mid 1990's. Not sure if it made it to the States but it's an ok watch. Not a patch on 'Line Of Duty ' (which I watched prior) though.

Regards,

Jay.?

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Jay...funny you should mention it. Watched the first episode of "Prime Suspect" last night on Hulu. It was okay but, I doubt we'll watch another. It was a bit dated in the attitude department. We looked at "Line of Duty" and may try that next.

I suppose you've watched "DCI Banks" ?

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
First three episodes of "Raised by Wolves." Intriguing sci fi show. I got past some online debate on it's religious overtones and so far, I think I'll keep watching.

MV5BZWM2NmIwZjQtZTEwYS00MmVhLTgzODItMGU3OWRkN2UxM2YyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Breaking Bad... again. One of those timeless series, like The Sopranos. Most everything on TV now is crap.
If, by TV, you mean network TV, yes: the crap ratio is higher than ever. However, with some cable channels, Netflix, Prime, Britbox and PBS, there is a lot of good stuff. And some very good stuff.

BB for me is 5/5 are The Sopranos. When I lose a few more brain cells, I can watch them again and it'll be as if it were the fist time! One of the few benefits of aging.

Reactions: autumnfog and prndl
Status
Not open for further replies.