Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
7B9993AE-8E0F-4E18-9074-F7028C6A60D3.jpeg
Pilot was good. Writing and character development. Hope it continues. 12 seasons, so could have possibilities. 4/5

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I did watch the premiere of Fargo Season 4, Sunday night. It started out a little slow, and a nearly three hours, was too much. But, I remain optimistic based on the cast and previous seasons.

I'm nearly done with Season 1 of "The Killing". (from 2011) Whoever recommended that here, thanks, it's quite good! Not sure how I missed it live (guess Breaking Bad & The Walking Dead were just starting, not enough tv time?)

Reactions: jpmcwjr

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Started watching Ratched. Mixed feelings, it has an interesting atmosphere and shooting but I can't help but intensely hate the lead character. Of course I've read the book, and seen Cuckoo's Nest, so I know we're meant to hate this character, but it is too much for me.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I just started the 4th season of Fargo. Based on the past 3 seasons and the skills of Noah Hawley, I have no reservations of giving it a 5. These Fargo series are amazing! A great ode to the Coen Brothers!

Last edited:

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Started watching Ratched. Mixed feelings, it has an interesting atmosphere and shooting but I can't help but intensely hate the lead character. Of course I've read the book, and seen Cuckoo's Nest, so I know we're meant to hate this character, but it is too much for me.
I’m thinking about watching that but I can’t stand that actress after some of her roles in the worst seasons of American Horror Story. All of those seasons are absolutely TERRIBLE except seasons 1 & 2.

In my opinion, of course.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I'm not a Sarah Paulson fan either, those FX shows were not to my liking. However, she was very good in "Mrs. America", we really enjoyed that short series.

I’m thinking about watching that but I can’t stand that actress after some of her roles in the worst seasons of American Horror Story. All of those seasons are absolutely TERRIBLE except seasons 1 & 2.

In my opinion, of course.

Reactions: hawky454

ron123

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
i stumbled across the Dean Martin Celebrity Roast series on Amazon last night and watched S1E2 where they roasted Redd Foxx. I can't tell you how many times I laughed out loud, but watching this turned out to be a really pleasant surprise. The humor is 1970's and VERY much non-PC. Very little of it felt dated though and it really held up well. Solid 4 out of 5 stars. I'll watch other episodes...

Started the series My Mother and Other Strangers last night.
It's set in Northern Ireland, WW2 about the culture clash between a small Irish village and a brand new American Airbase making bombing runs over Germany.
It is also a Masterpiece Theater series, but I really have a hard time understanding the Irish. I need to find a way to turn on subtitles. About 90% of the conversations the Irish have get lost on us. But, the acting seems great, as well as the period costumes and the beautiful landscapes.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I'm not a Sarah Paulson fan either, those FX shows were not to my liking. However, she was very good in "Mrs. America", we really enjoyed that short series.
I feel like she has done some good work but the AHS series almost ruined her for me. I’m not totally giving up on her though. I haven’t seen Mrs. America but I just looked it up and looks interesting. I’ll have to add that to the queue.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Criminal Minds. Stopped at season 3 a couple years ago. It's ok but can get to be a little bit of a downer after awhile. Pretty twisted.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Ozark was really good and was looking forward to some new stuff. There are so many shows I haven't seen. I'm regularly surprised at how I can stumble on a show that's been out for years, that I've never heard of, and get sucked in.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Just watched Bombshell on Amazon Prime, it's the story of how Roger Ailes was brought down by sexual harassment allegations at FOX NEWS. Charlize Theron plays Megyn Kelly, Nicole Kidman is Gretchen Carlson and John Lithgow does a great job as Roger.

It wasn't bad, maybe a 3/5

Reactions: ron123 and jpmcwjr
Jun 9, 2018
England
Yes Malcom McDowell wasn't in it very long but he did a top notch job as always. I thought Lithgow absolutely nailed Roger Ailes.

Roger certainly had his dark side but you can't deny he was a genius at what he did. From helping Nixon, Reagan and George Bush Sr become President to creating the ratings juggernaut that is FOX NEWS. He definitely had an incredible career.

Reactions: ron123 and jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.