PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2018
England
Trading Places on my PVR. Not what you'd consider a Christmas movie but it is set during the holidays.
Eddie Murphy is on top form and there's a great cast including Dan Aykroyd, Jamie Lee Curtis, Don Ameche, and Ralph Bellamy. My favourite character though is the unassuming and jaded English butler played by Denholm Elliott.

Good movie and a solid 4/5

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Manhunt: Deadly Games. (Great limited series). 4/5

Also, I just finished The Ripper (had no idear about this one, this was another great limited docu-series. I thought it was going to be the Ripper that was infamous for his killings in the late 1800’s) 5/5

Last edited:
Reactions: python and jpmcwjr
Jun 9, 2018
England
What do you mean, "Not a Christmas movie" ?

It doesn't get more Christmas than this:

View attachment 56841

rotf rotf

What I meant was it isn't what most people think of as a classic Christmas movie like Scrooge or It's A Wonderful Life, more in the Die Hard 1&2 mould.

I like the bit where Eddie Murphy's character is pretending to be a legless, blind Vietnam veteran and the police call him on his bs ?

• Haha
Reactions: jpmcwjr and python

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Added Boomerang to my Amazon Prime account and binge watched this for a few hours last weekend with my daughter:

8plq180iaic41.jpg

Reactions: jpmcwjr and python

Jshogan2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 31, 2019
SC
Alice in Borderland on the 'flix, a solid 4/5 in my book. Halfway into the first season. Hope to stay up tonight to see a couple more episodes with the wife, but she has to work in the AM so can't stay up too late.

Imagine a small band of ne'er-do-wells in Tokyo, stuck in their 20's "failure to launch style," who play a prank one day and run from the cops only to come out of hiding to find everyone....gone. The place is empty, and they quickly find themselves in a life or death scenario where they have to survive some progressively more difficult escape rooms, er...buildings. They make new friends and enemies along the way as things get more and more difficult for them... trying to survive and figure out if they can make it home somehow.

Reactions: python

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Documentary "Tread" on Netflix 4/5. About a Granby Colorado business owner who gets pissed off at city council members. He builds an armored bulldozer and goes on a rampage destroying the town.

I really enjoyed, especially once he gets rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.