PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
We just watched Episode 1. It's good; right back into the action. The move to Amazon seems to have given it a different look and style. Hard to explain, and the change isn't a bad one. Looks like they have a bit larger budget for special effects too. So far, so good.

Nice! I finally got around to The Expanse in October after hearing many great things. I must admit I binged it pretty quick.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
In the last 48 hours I've watched Gone With the Wind twice.
I'd never actually seen it before so when I saw it was coming on I thought why not.

Much better than I expected! Remarkable film really. I especially enjoyed the interactions between Rhett and Mammy.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Netflix has 3 seasons of "What's New Scooby Doo".

A very big kudos to the people behind this series!

The music/lyrics are updated and sometimes the themes are too (think snowboarding instead of skiing) and the colors are a bit more vibrant with a bit cleaner animation but it's essentially the same Scooby I was watching 30-35 years ago.

For once someone didn't jack up my childhood!

TinCup

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2019
Indian Ocean
Watching a recent documentary film called, One Nation Under Stress
About the declining life expectantcy in the US

Not finished yet & so too early to comment but worth a watch, got me wondering if pipe smokers are likely to be more or less stressed than the average man or if it makes no odds...

Reactions: Bowie and jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Now FB, but last night watched the finales of both The Morning Show and Treadstone.
The latter show had me baffled all the way through.

tomnernas2ndson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2011
Nebraska
I almost never do it, but a little football today. Typically sit in man cave and read or go out to the loft and fiddle with the pigeons.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Dr. Sleep - it was OK, a little better than anticipated (I typically don't like KIng film adaptations).

We recorded The Little Shop on the Corner and The Bishops Wife, will catch one of those two at some point today, before Christmas lands on us.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
We're also working out way slowly thru the current season of "The Crown", we're really enjoying this season. The last episode centered on Welsh Nationalism, and the Prince of Wales. I need to supplement Hollywood with a proper book on the subject.

writingraav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 11, 2018
Watched Going My Way with Bing Crosby last night. He pulled out a pipe and asked permission to smoke in a very early scene. Didn't end u smoking and the pipe was not seen again in the entire movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.