Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Well, how would you rate this flick?
Oops, in the context of Westerns made at that time, 5 stars!!! It had a great cast and a nice juicy plot and some pure evil, lol. In a different way, at the level of the Anthony Mann/Jimmy Stewart westerns but moves right along. Glenn isn’t his often “tormented” self, which he’s good at, but here more man of action when he gets going. Robinson wasn’t given quite enough to do in this one, IMO but does it well.

Reactions: scloyd and jpmcwjr

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Last night I turned on the series Camping (2018) on HBOmax. My first instinct was that I'm not going to enjoy it because it stars a couple of actors that I find really annoying. There's only eight half hour episodes and I watched the first three. I'm done, it was horrible. I rate it 1/5.

1639319511117.png

I read that this is based on a British series. If I can find the British version, I'll give it a go.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Been watching old re-runs of Are You Being Served? The Christmas episodes are fun to watch at this time of year. Mrs Slocombe talking about her pussy always makes me laugh?

4/5
I've seen a few episodes of this on our local PBS (Public Broadcasting Service) a few years ago. I enjoyed the few that I watched.
Another one they played for a while that I liked was Keeping Up Appearances. I really enjoyed the episodes with Hyacinth's sister and brother-in-law.

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg
Jun 9, 2018
England
Binge watching the first couple of seasons of The A-Team. I was 9 years old when it came out in 1983 and I loved it. Watching it all these years later i'm still enjoying it. I love the interplay and dialogue between the guys as well as all the action.
One thing that struck me that I never noticed as a kid is all the smoking! Characters smoking cigaretts, one of the bad guys was puffing a pipe, Faceman sometimes smokes a cigar and Hannibal is rarely without one. That definitely wouldn't fly today.

4/5

Status
Not open for further replies.