PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
1624249649061.png
Following the loss of their son, retired sheriff George Blackledge (Kevin Costner) and his wife Margaret (Diane Lane) leave their Montana ranch to rescue their young grandson. When they discover that he is in the clutches of a dangerous family living off the grid in the Dakotas, George and Margaret must fight for the survival of their family.

2020 - Rated R - 1hour 53 minutes - watched on VUDU - I rate it 3/5.

ksman75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2016
Lancaster, California
Currently I'm binging on Marvel TV shows and mini-series. So far, Jessica Jones and just started Luke Cage.

Earlier I discovered the WWI battles in Gallipoli Turkey which led to the ANZACs of WWI. that led to ANZAC Girls and ANZACs, the movies, Gallipoli, Deadline Gallipoli, The Lighthorsemen, and a couple of other movies. All were great movies and episodes.

Then there was the NZ series, The Brokenwood Mysteries and the Aussie series, The Doctor Blake Mysteries.

I have such varied and esoteric tastes, about the only thing you won't find me watching are sitcoms. Of course, I have to preview everything for my 3 y/o granddaughter, so all the Disney Princess movies, Harry Potter (ok, she'll be old enough someday), and just about every other CGI kids movie of the last couple decades. What can I say, I'm a kid at heart, lol.

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
Just finished “Dirty John/Dirty John: Betty” on Netflix. Sometimes series have a lot of filler to span its duration, but these two stories pace well at 8 episodes each while maintaining interest… and they’re based on true stories, which I like. 4+/5

EC07A7D3-BF9C-44F0-BDBD-95B5CA411230.jpeg

Reactions: jpmcwjr

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
My wife and I are 4 episodes into Mary Kills People. Two seasons on Hulu - 3/5.

1624813094199.png
Dr. Mary Harris works at the emergency department of the Eden General Hospital and has a side business as an end of life counselor—she and her partner Des provide assisted suicide. Their lives get complicated when the police start investigating them.

jewman22

Lifer
Apr 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
I've been binge watching the hell out of the original Scooby-Doo cartoons, I loved them as a kid, they always played before school on Boomerang.
Still the best version of the show, the new ones look like they went from stoners to tweekers.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Oh yeah, thanks. I forgot about the rating. I’d say 4/5 so far for the Marco Polo Netflix series. I’d give it 5/5 if it wasn’t borderline soft-core in some places. Definitely can’t watch it with the kids around.
I take back my rating, and would recommend not even starting this show now, were it not for Benedict Wong’s performance as Kublai Khan. I didn’t realize the show had gotten canceled, so season 2 just sort of ends abruptly with a lot of loose ends and without much resolution.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I've been binge watching the hell out of the original Scooby-Doo cartoons, I loved them as a kid, they always played before school on Boomerang.
Still the best version of the show, the new ones look like they went from stoners to tweekers.
Rating? And for what age group?

Status
Not open for further replies.