PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aomalley27

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
Watching a classic 80’s slasher. I was such a fan, I made an excursion to Cape May, NJ to see some of the filming locations. Walking the grounds of the Colonial (later renamed the Inn of Cape May); I found myself looking over my shoulder often ?
45E5FC54-05A8-4F57-BCFC-C71CE5280C8C.jpeg

Aomalley27

Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
The way he went down was really scary and the chest compressions made me fear for the worse. Amazingly he seems to be doing ok??.
Going down, I thought heat exhaustion or dehydration. But laying on the ground before the medical crew ran over, and seeing his eyes roll back and just dead eyes.....just reminded me of when my Dad was bleeding out at my house when he accidentally pulled a circulatory tube out. Had to turn the tv off.

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I was watching Denmark game. Had to turn it off when I saw them giving Eriksen chest pumps on the field after he collapsed. Scary stuff.
Didn’t see it, but my wife told me about it. Glad to hear he’s stable and alert now. I’m not really a soccer fan, but I am a big motorsports fan. It’s a sickening feeling seeing a competitor’s life hanging in the balance, live in your living room.

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Too much hockey and F1 on for now, not a lot of summer television time.

Has anyone seen these:

Mare of Easttown - highly regarded, Kate Winslett

Mosquito Coast - hailed as the next Ozarks? I tried to read the book, but it didn't grab me. (somewhat dated)

Working my way thru this, as time allows. (4 out of 5)

Reactions: Rockyrepose and STP

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
Too much hockey and F1 on for now, not a lot of summer television time.

Has anyone seen these:

Mare of Easttown - highly regarded, Kate Winslett

Mosquito Coast - hailed as the next Ozarks? I tried to read the book, but it didn't grab me. (somewhat dated)

Working my way thru this, as time allows. (4 out of 5)

We watched Mare of Easttown. Great performance by Kate Winslett. She nailed that eastern PA accent. It’s very good. Definitely recommend. 5/5

Reactions: ssjones

marconi

May 17, 2019
England
Going down, I thought heat exhaustion or dehydration. But laying on the ground before the medical crew ran over, and seeing his eyes roll back and just dead eyes.....just reminded me of when my Dad was bleeding out at my house when he accidentally pulled a circulatory tube out. Had to turn the tv off.
The way he went down was really scary and the chest compressions made me fear for the worse. Amazingly he seems to be doing ok??.
I think all of us football fans watching felt the same way. Its great that he is on the mend.

Watching some new scary drama live, called England v Croatia how will it end?

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
The Kominsky Method. My wife asked me to watch with her. Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin. It’s a tragicomedy that deals with aging. Interesting supporting cast including Ann Margaret, Jane Seymour, Elliott Gould and others. View attachment 84346
I really enjoyed The Kominsky Method. One of my favorite characters is the old guy who brings them their drinks in the restaurant. I rate it 4/5.

Aomalley27

Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
Revisiting and old favorite.????
I really enjoy Jean Reno; and a young Vincent Cassel is magnificent. Tried watching it dubbed to English, but it was laughably bad (The actor dubbing Cassel was a thick Texas accent). So I watched with the English Subtitles.
A really good murder/mystery.... some find it hard to follow (I belief that was Roger Ebert’s assessment When it first released), but I followed along just fine.F5F5DAC0-0921-412B-B98C-6DE679DD1421.jpeg

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
For you good folks recently joining the thread, please rate what ever you've seen, 1-5.
Oh yeah, thanks. I forgot about the rating. I’d say 4/5 so far for the Marco Polo Netflix series. I’d give it 5/5 if it wasn’t borderline soft-core in some places. Definitely can’t watch it with the kids around.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.