PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
A quarter of the way through this bowl of unreleased 2021 Sutliff Virginia Flake in a 2014 Savinelli Gaius smooth brown slight bend 320KS author with a black acrylic military mount ferrule and tapered stem. Haven't smoked this pipe in a while. It's dedicated to dark Va.s
View attachment 335678
Jim, neat pipe! "Gaius" intrigued me to ask Copilot about the name:

The name Gaius has a rich history and intriguing origins. It is an ancient Roman praenomen (given name) of uncertain meaning. Some sources suggest it might be derived from the Latin word “gaudere”, which means "to rejoice". Another possible origin is from the Greek word “γαια” (gaia), meaning “earth” or "land".
Gaius was a very common name in ancient Rome, with notable bearers including Gaius Julius Caesar, the famous Roman leader, and his adopted son Gaius Octavius, who later became known as Augustus, the first Roman emperor. The name also appears in the New Testament, belonging to a bishop of Ephesus who is regarded as a saint.
Overall, the name Gaius carries connotations of joy and happiness, making it a meaningful and historically significant choice.

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Spent the whole day thinking about what my 42nd birthday smoke would be. Seattle Pipe Club Plum Pudding in my ‘Friday Savinelli’ was the answer the universe sent me 😊

Next is a round of Uno with my wife and kids, and then an early bed time. A fantastic birthday, indeed.
View attachment 335696
Happy "Answer to the Universe and Everything" Birthday! How did it feel to reach the Day of Enlightenment?! :col:

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
I’m smoking some well aged Flanagan Flake in a Castello pi
View attachment 335780
***Update
This is my first go round with Flanagan Flake and I am really enjoying it. I usually tend to prefer light/medium English, VA/Or and Oriental blends. I avoid dark fired for the most part based on my experiences with a handful of blends; but I may have been cheating myself. FlanaganFlake has a healthy dose of DF and I absolutely love it! The way the DF is married with the Orientals and Va in this blend is very unique. I’m glad I rubbed out enough for a couple more bowls!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Fed all the ferals except for the absent Abner the Eager.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

SmokingInTheWind

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2024
New Mexico
Enjoying more Burley flake 4 in my Sms bent floral billiard.

And all of a sudden, a bird had a different idea for me. I was watching YouTube, so I was able to get a picture just as I was.

View attachment 335800
Maybe it's time to move my chair.....

Definitely not a burley bird. Probably likes straight Virginia. 😂