PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner. M'lady is making strawberry ice cream, which I'll have later. I've passed the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
McC #24 in my Castello bent bulldog.

IMG-1421.png

PrivatePiping

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2023
Todd - Boise, ID
First smoke of Wilke 515 Double Shot in a Morgan Bones bent billiard. I've been sitting on this tobacco for a couple months, I think because of how wet it was. I'm glad I finally had some! I let it dry for about an hour, and it's smoking beautifully with no bite. The rum does not overpower the tobacco but adds a nice semi-sweet butter rum note.
1000026291.jpg

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
The Virginia parade continues, this time C&D Opening Night in a Peterson Irish Harp 80s sandblasted bulldog. A much needed Shabbat is a mere 10 minutes away. Can't wait! I'm so exhausted from this week, I can barely wipe my own tucchus properly. You'll just have to take my word on it...I'm not that good with a camera! 🤪

Bird report: House finch, California towhee, California scrub-jay, Black-headed grosbeak (female), Steller's jay, American crow, Red-tailed hawk, White-breasted nuthatch, Mourning dove, Oak titmouse, Anna's hummingbird, and Mountain chickadee.

Wishing everyone a restful weekend.

irish harp with sock.jpg

@RPK you're quite right, I was fairly surprised by the color when I first got it (more of a burgundy, belied by my previously referenced poor photography skills). The photo in the P&C catalog showed it as a beige hue, so receiving this was somewhat unexpected, but I've taken quite a liking to it anyway. I smoke all my straight VAs in this doggie, and it handles them all masterfully. Hope you enjoy your 80s for many years to come!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the first third of this bowl of year 2004 Edgeworth Slices in a straight sandblasted black billiard 2013 PSF POY Kaywoodie with an amber colored tapered lucite stem. Fed all the ferals. Daisy the Feral Princess was banging on the back door so she got priority, which she thinks that she deserves. :)
PSF_KaywoodiePOY.jpg

Here's Molly Danger taking a snooze.
MollyCurl1.jpg
MollyCurl1Close.jpg

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
image.jpg
Smoking a Royalton Bulldog with my newest creation, 73s. It is definitely an English/American blend with a hint of cherry. Various Virginias and toasted Green River Cavendish make up the foundation with a strong Latakia note followed by Perique and Cherry and burley. The blend has sat in jar at 85 degrees for a bit over a week. What makes it special is that it uses the house blend of KBN-3989 tobaccos with shout out to both my father’s blend, Lazybones, and my own favorite, Telescopes. It follows a ratio used by John Dengler in his renown blend, Black Maria. It is a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.