PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Having a stogie and wanted to share this story with you all. I’ll fire up the pipe later… :)

Be well! 🤙 ❤️

Post # 2,417

thomasw

Lifer
Dec 5, 2016
Late afternoon smoke of MB HH BF/ODF in a 1969 253 root briar billiard ... wonderful day here with a high of 24°C...

awQoDZE.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, cod and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've a quarter of a bowl left of Wilke Back Bay w/o perique in a straight smooth brown undated pre-Republic Peterson Dublin Sterling Canadian 264 with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Sterling264 .jpg

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Exclusive with a pinch of Autumn Evening in the Gefapip Giant, and a Hazy IPA. Just back from reinstalling a 220 repeater for our Ham club at our Mt. Constitution tower site. We're fortunate to have a spot at the top of the 400' tower (tallest of the 5 large towers) at this commercial site.
IMG_8287.jpg
Our antenna is on the tower to the left (south).
IMG_8239.JPG
Fellow ham plugging in the reinstalled repeater and controller in the secondary transmitter room (the white roof building in the pic above)
IMG_8268.JPG
The copper pipes are antenna feed lines in the primary transmitter room! Dang big stuff and many installations in the various transmitter rooms driving public services (LEO, Fire, Public Works), TV stations, commercial radio stations, cellular, Coast Guard, and a handfull of regional ham club repeaters).
IMG_8246.JPG

Sandblast

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2023
Mendota Heights, Dakota Country, MN
Ryback, Peterson 3P’s and Irish Flake have burnt in the J11P today as well.
View attachment 337106
Ruh-roh, the pipe etiquette police are gonna get after me!
Fifth smoke today (Irish Flake again) in the Ropp J11P, and even worse I’ve only used two pipe cleaners😱

Court Room, Dodge City KS (late 1800's) --- Sobrbiker stands accused of 2 major offenses:
1) Briar pipes should only be smoked once per day, then left for minimum of 24 hours to rest.
2) Per those who dedicate each pipe to 1 blend, smoking different blends is an offense unimaginable, ie, QUES's, How do you even know the flavor of what you're smoking? The pipe is completely confused!
Court (of those offended) finds that Sobrbiker, plus Sandblast, plus BenMN, plus others who stand in unison with Sobrbiker ... guilty of these offenses, and all now sentenced to be hanged at dawn, per the Pipe Purists.

NOTE: See "Good, Bad, Ugly" how Blondie (Clint) saved Tuco, with excellent shot, from hanging. Angel Eyes (Lee Van Cleef) calmly smoked his pipe throughout various scenes. Justice prevailed ... Hmm, but never found out what tobacco Lee preferred.

Sandblast

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2023
Mendota Heights, Dakota Country, MN
Going to try some capstan blue in this Punto Oro 604ks I just snagged off McCranies for 95 bucks.

View attachment 337119
Love that there are Oom Paul enthusiasts. Got Sav 604ks's in Estella & Capri. Still searching for Antique Shell.
Love for Oom Pauls is in contrast to the naysayers, mostly citing "gurgling", but an easy fix, like Pete System Stds. Lorenzos are also great, plus many others.