PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2019
As the weather around these neck of the woods start to dip pass the low-70s, it's lunting season!

Walking the furry one and smoking a bowl of 2012 Rose of Latakia in this Morgan Bones Chubby 20:

l6l9SVEh.jpg

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Having Seattle Pipe Club Plum Pudding in a Briar, Sweat, and Tears (BST) Large Curve (LC) 3/4 Bent Billiard. I’ve always liked Genod Swan Neck pipes and the Dunhill LC. Dunhill LC pipes rarely turn up, but it occurred to me that a new one could be made! After drooling over @tfdickson ’s BST LC by Todd Bannard aka @sasquatch , it became clear to me that I preferred Todd’s fleshier, thicker curved rendition over the sort of anemic Dunhills. Fortunately, Todd had a big enough block on hand that had the Birdseye grain I requested. I asked Todd to try to get the biggest pipe out of the block (as I enjoy a long smoke)—essentially, he said he would try as long as it didn't compromise the form of the pipe. I’ve been traveling a bit, but finally have a chance to sit down and smoke this big ’un. The chamber is 2.75" deep; measuring from the front of the stummel to the end of the bit measures about 7.0". This is a pretty large pipe—see the Savinelli 320 KS Author for a sense of scale.

View attachment 249117

View attachment 249114

View attachment 249115

View attachment 249116

Thanks to @sasquatch for tackling this project and teasing the best out of that hunk of briar; thanks to Mrs. sasquatch for the King Kong sized furry pipe sock!
Not sure if it’s still there but there’s a massive F&T swan neck on eBay, and I mean massive!!!

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
It’s a lovely autumn day here on the South coast and I just got in from a walk with WeeBay and the Pete Barrel filled with Germain’s 1820 cross cut flake. The Barrel has become one of my favourite walking pipes now, the army mount making it easy to pocket and clean while out and about and as Sobrbiker said the P-Lip is an easy, comfortable clench. Anyhoo I’m smoking HU Nebari atm in the Zoie before starting on dinner, steak and kidney pie with Stilton blue cheese and mash potatoes and cauliflower image.jpgtonight.

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
Got back late last night from a wonderful few days of tent living in the hills. It may take a while to get the laundry done enough to stop smelling of wood smoke :) Actually smells great, I think. Only took 2 cobs with me, with 2 tobaccos- SWRA and Shepherd's Pie. So that's what I smoked. This morning I'm having Trout Stream in my smooth slight bend, Brigham Rhodesian. Good day everyone. Be healthy and happy.20221207_115735.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.