PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Smokes great; after a brief period the p-lip (first one I’ve had, and supposedly the most comfortable one yet) has become very comfy and clenches great; after sticking with mainly US mid century estate pipes that screw together I’m used to blowing out moisture mid smoke if it accumulates; and my white whale at this point is a WWI era military mount K&P billiard and this is as close as I may get for the foreseeable future.
This is the only non-cob I’ve bought new, not estate.
Thank you for the thoughtful response.

I prefer bents, but have a few straights in the stable. I also favor a larger chamber (but my larger pipes can easily fit inside the regular smokers of @Chasing Embers and @tbradsim1 ).

My little basket pipe has about a 1/4 bent (if that) and I enjoy shorter smokes and stronger blends with it. While I clench with my bigger pipes, that basket pipe seemingly let's me get more done efficiently (yes, it's all in my head - don't look inside, the wheel still spins but the hamster has been dead for awhile).

As a result of the above along with my new found love for the p-lip and army mount concept, I'm eyeing a Peterson army short. Here's my basket pipe for reference:

20230902_234745.jpg

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
How long is a bowl lasting in an X
Size ? Im considering one.
Was just talking about Ashton sizes yesterday at club meetup.
I've got a XX coming, and according to its measurements it could easily be a XXX.
Like the Dunhill group numbers, it varies wildly - sometimes nonsensically.

This early X has a chamber size I've seen on Dunhill groups 1, 2, and 3 - about .73 x 1.5".

Depending on the tobacco cut, this pipe usually lasts me 40-60 minutes.

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
Was just talking about Ashton sizes yesterday at club meetup.
I've got a XX coming, and according to its measurements it could easily be a XXX.
Like the Dunhill group numbers, it varies wildly - sometimes nonsensically.

This early X has a chamber size I've seen on Dunhill groups 1, 2, and 3 - about .73 x 1.5".

Depending on the tobacco cut, this pipe usually lasts me 40-60 minutes.
Cool,
I have a 2 and love it. I have 3’s, LX and ElX as well but no X as of yet.
Your X is a great looking pipe and grain.

Status
Not open for further replies.