PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Hello all. I just want to thank everyone that has reached out with condolences.

My friend suffered a widow maker heart attack. He was found dead on a jogging trail by a fellow jogger. He had it all; a great wife and family, great job, lived a healthy lifestyle and was very much into fitness. He would give you the shirt off his back and was always the life of the party.

It just goes to show that we ( I ) need to start living every day like it’s our last. Tomorrow is not promised.

I feel fortunate to be a part of this great community of ours, and wish you all good health and a great day.
My condolences, I’m very sorry to hear that, I’ve lost a couple myself this year and it doesn’t get easier. The hardest part of living is watching your friends and loved ones go before you.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Afternoon everyone, I got some great samples today from my good friend @marconi including the divine 1820 Flake, I’ve already had a bowl in the meer poker, everything I expected and more. At the mo its a Bantam bulldog on the Falcon filled with Black Frigate, I’m gonna compare the 1820 Flake to the Mix a little later. I’m really looking forward to that.

JimK

Lifer
Feb 11, 2021
Condolences to your friend's family and commiserations to you, Tar Wheel. Starting with Wilke # 515 in an Upshall P big-bowl Dublin with quarterbent pencil shank and tapered stem. Lunchtime bowl will be eagerly anticipated Bengal Slices mixed 50/50 with Wilke Peanut Butter (also may try this with Pease's Quiet Nights which is a little too deep and quiet for me).

JimK

Lifer
Feb 11, 2021
Lunchtime "meal" of Bengal Slices mixed 50/50 with Wilke Peanut Butter in a WIlke smooth Billiard with long shank and pinch-waist tapered stem. Seemed to be a good idea but ... won't be having a second bowl with Peanut Butter as the mixer (Wilke Chocolate, though, is wonderful). May need a perique blend to refresh my tastelessbuds.

Status
Not open for further replies.