PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, snapper and asparagus dinner wth strawberries for dessert. I've just passed the quarter mark on this bowl of stoved 2013 Capstan Blue in a post 2007 Castello straight brown Sea Rock KK US made in Cantu (Kimo) apple with a tapered black acrylic stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching a little of the Mets-Phillies game before the Braves-Giants game.
Castello_Sea_Rock.jpg

jmsmitty6

Can't Leave
Jan 12, 2018
Cincinnati, Ohio
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, snapper and asparagus dinner wth strawberries for dessert. I've just passed the quarter mark on this bowl of stoved 2013 Capstan Blue in a post 2007 Castello straight brown Sea Rock KK US made in Cantu (Kimo) apple with a tapered black acrylic stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching a little of the Mets-Phillies game before the Braves-Giants game.
View attachment 98037
I'm a really big fan of smaller pipes out of Cantu. I have this same pipe in a collection finish and it's great. Happy smokes

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Cascadia Pipe Co. - Open Water (so so,ok but not a re-buy) in a Meer...​

ElcRTzi.jpg

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
TGIF!!!!

It's a gorgeous 89 degrees tonight for the first smoke in this freehand pick axe/elephant foot Negoita w/bamboo. Breaking it in with some SG Sam's Flake and a glass of Zacapa 23 from a bottle a friend brought back from Guatamala. Not sure if the rum is actually a little smoother and sweeter than the American import version or it's just a mental thing. Don't worry though, I'll be sure to try it until I know for sure.

IMG_20210917_184211363.jpg

IMG_20210917_184819988.jpg

@chasingembers - It has some length but is rather lightweight and easy to clench. The chamber holds exactly one flake.

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
Getting to the last few bowls of Irish Whiskey, seems to be at its best at towards the end of the tin, although it turns to crumbs at this late stage.
Won't buy it again for a while, will be trying similar blends from elsewhere as I'm starting to really enjoy the Virginia/Burley/Kentucky mixture and want to venture out to other brands.

@shanez , I love that pipe and rum, I'mma going let you finish, but I gotta say that is the best shirt of all time!

Sanzini

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2021
Bristow, VA
After dinner smoke was G&H Brown Twist in a Peterson Cara. The tobacco is 2019, just received from a fellow piper who is clearing out his cellar. Very enjoyable smoke - everything you’d expect from a straight Virginia with a little something extra. Still, I get the feeling that I’ve had something similar that was a notch or two better, fuller, richer, more complex. I can’t quite nail it down. So while I enjoyed it, it kind of left me wanting more. Anyone a fan? Love to hear your thoughts.
B34BB852-B1E8-4DEE-B25A-3C68A4E14174.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.