PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
We pulled the kids out of school a week early and have gone to Auckland for a family holiday. I brought a jar of Ed and this cased pair of Orlik bruyere antiques. The date letter on the gold bands is for 1918, which makes these the earliest record of this series seen to date. I’d love to know if anyone else has one from this year or even earlier.

47A5240C-2792-4BD9-84C2-70A06E6E56AF.jpeg

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Drying a week-capping pinch of SPC Hogshead (sample) on a paper towel, with a Foyard Beechwood straight Rhodesian prepped and ready for loading. Both sample and pipe are courtesy of @TheIronMonkey (along with the Uno. And the Loch Ness. And the Palmetto Balkan. And the etc.). For the umpteenth time, I thank you kindly! 🙏

Bird report: California towhee, California scrub-jay, Steller's jay, California quail, House finch, Common raven, Oak titmouse, White-breasted nuthatch, Mountain chickadee, and...Yellow warbler! First time sighting in my 6+ years here in the mountains. Wish it stayed long enough for me to snap a picture, so I could show off my crappy photography skills with a blurry yellow smudgy eyesore of a photo. 😃

Shabbat shalom, and an early Chag Sameach!

View attachment 170857
The yellow warbler is 1 of only 3 warbler species I've seen where I live and only once in the 3 years I've been birding.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
A third of the way through this bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Hogshead plug in a medium bend, smooth brown 1950s Peterson 999 Dublin chubby Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
View attachment 170884
I love my chubby Pete Rhodie but hate its shallowness. It would take me 2 minutes to hit the the third way through mark smoking my ribbon cut tobacco.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty Cosmic Crisp apple, and am almost a thrid of the way through this bowl of year 2018 Solani 633 in a straight 1954 patent Dunhill 148 Group 3 black shell bulldog made for the France market with a black saddle vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Fed Shy Stripesy and Daisy the Feral Princess.
Dunhill_1954_Shell_Bulldog148.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I love my chubby Pete Rhodie but hate its shallowness. It would take me 2 minutes to hit the the third way through mark smoking my ribbon cut tobacco.
I understand. Of course, Hogshead is not a ribbon cut so I get an hour or so out of it. I do have another 1950s chubby 999, but haven't decided what to smoke in it. It has a smaller bowl than the one I've been smoking.
Peterson_999_Rhodesian_Shamrock.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Sleep was really a nap, so I figure I'd get another smoke in: Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Good morning. I went out early this morning to my friend (search ruins) Busca Ruinas' bar, had a nice strong black coffee, while smoking a Partagas cigar. Now smoking a bowl of Capstan Gold, in a Ser Jacopo Calabash. I was tempted to buy a new pipe, in this case a meerschaum. And the ship's rudder took an unexpected turn, and I ended up buying 7 bottles of whisky, Scotch, Highlands, and some American.

Status
Not open for further replies.