PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
Great 👌 to hear from you; I love that pipe:)
Thanks 👍 for the kind words; I'm finally going to the awards ceremony in Sheffield tomorrow. I've made the shortlist of 4 people in my category!
Wow, that sure sounds like something! I may have missed what you explained before, but what exactly will you be doing there? Or rather, what is this about?

A beautiful cool fall day. Wonderful start to a new season. Enjoying a good book with a good pipe. Watch City Old Dominion in a MM Hardwood. Very nice.
I've thought about buying one or even several of those and it oughta mean something if you're smoking them but I gotta ask. Are they any good? Comparable or perhaps even better than the regular MM cobs?

OT:
I decided to take a little late evening stroll and visit our old mill to light up some Burley/VA in my cob.
The mill is usually equally lit up and looks very nice at night but not today... Maybe it's taking the weekend off.
I hope you all get to do the same. Have a nice weekend! puffy

20220923_223409 - Copy.jpg
20220923_224529 - Copy.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Wow, that sure sounds like something! I may have missed what you explained before, but what exactly will you be doing there? Or rather, what is this about?

I've thought about buying one or even several of those and it oughta mean something if you're smoking them but I gotta ask. Are they any good? Comparable or perhaps even better than the regular MM cobs?

OT:
I decided to take a little late evening stroll and visit our old mill to light up some Burley/VA in my cob.
The mill is usually equally lit up and looks very nice at night but not today... Maybe it's taking the weekend off.
I hope you all get to do the same. Have a nice weekend! puffy

View attachment 170823
View attachment 170824
@Chaukisch
Our Volunteer Dan is up for the #BBCMakeADifference awards. We are super proud of him and are glad he is getting the recognition he deserves for the amazing work he does!

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
Our Volunteer Dan is up for the #BBCMakeADifference awards. We are super proud of him and are glad he is getting the recognition he deserves for the amazing work he does!
A noble deed indeed for the King of Clay. You can find garbage washed ashore in even the most remote places and I've seen whole vacuum cleaners with a set of new bags and all, half buried in the soil of our small local forest. The way this planet is generally treated is simply just disgusting.
Good for us all that people are out there like you are. I hope it gets the litterbugs to reflect,
even if just a little bit.

OT:
Preparing for a drunk but good night's rest with some LatVA/Turkish in my clay, for a change... 😁
It's just too easy to have a quick and strong smoke with it, I haven't had the pleasure of trying a Meer yet and I'm eager to but for now and in my humble opinion, a simple and humble clay pipe will kick any other pipes ass. The only downside is the accumulation of moisture, which a Meer would probably handle much better.

20220924_003132.jpg

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW

JimK

Lifer
Feb 11, 2021
A late afternoon "welcome Fall to hurricane-preparing Florida " bowl of Wilke Vermont Maple Cav in a large Nachwalter canted-rim smooth Dublin with square shank and matching saddle stem. The state of emergency notice just went out last hour, so ... time to secure my personal flotation device, TP and bottled water and, above all, make sure the tobacco will stay dry.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
A noble deed indeed for the King of Clay. You can find garbage washed ashore in even the most remote places and I've seen whole vacuum cleaners with a set of new bags and all, half buried in the soil of our small local forest. The way this planet is generally treated is simply just disgusting.
Good for us all that people are out there like you are. I hope it gets the litterbugs to reflect,
even if just a little bit.

OT:
Preparing for a drunk but good night's rest with some LatVA/Turkish in my clay, for a change... 😁
It's just too easy to have a quick and strong smoke with it, I haven't had the pleasure of trying a Meer yet and I'm eager to but for now and in my humble opinion, a simple and humble clay pipe will kick any other pipes ass. The only downside is the accumulation of moisture, which a Meer would probably handle much better.

View attachment 170839
@Chaukisch Another outing for my favourite pipe:)
Anthony (my volunteer group leader) says the clay pipe and pewter tankard he found during a river clean-up were mine...
He says the Condor packet I found while litter picking was mine as well:)
I like the look of your home blended tobacco although I'm not a fan of Latakia, as you know I say "Clay King" doesn't contain any Latakia...
I know your fantastic looking Virginia gold leaf is going to be the main component of "Clay King":)
I found a medieval looking curtain pole that had been thrown out for scrap; my Belgian tapestry now hangs from it and I got a fleur de lys hinge found during a river clean up. My dad cleaned it up, painted it and made me a wall plaque; it now hangs in my medieval Great Hall themed living room!

Status
Not open for further replies.