PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
A public holiday in Australia to commenmerate the late Queen Elizabeth llView attachment 170518

What is more appropriate than a bowl of Elizabethan Mixture

In a 1952 Dunhill shell straight billiard.
Made in the year of her ascension to the throne (her coronation was in 1953) View attachment 170519
@OzPiper Very appropriate! I like these old Dunhill / Peterson tin art designs especially Nightcap and this one that feature clay pipes:)
This Redcoat smoked a clay bowl of Elizabethan Mixture at the Nottingham pipe show in memory of the dearly departed Queen.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
@OzPiper Very appropriate! I like these old Dunhill / Peterson tin art designs especially Nightcap and this one that feature clay pipes:)
This Redcoat smoked a clay bowl of Elizabethan Mixture at the Nottingham pipe show in memory of the dearly departed Queen.
The Elizabethan Mixture tin art of course harks back to the apocryphal tale of Sir Walter Raleigh (Queen Bess's favourite courtier. Until she had him beheaded ! ) bringing back tobacco to England from her (then) American colonies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
As soon as I finish typing this post, I'm going to smoke a bowl of year 2020 D&R Raccoon’s Delight in my very reliable smooth straight post-1938 pre-Republic Peterson Sterling Canadian 263 with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Sterling.jpg

VDL_Piper

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
Yes yes @OzPiper a fine day of reflection had here at the the #edgeoftheworld and my thoughts have often drifted to Elizabeth and her forebears, what a truly remarkable lady. My days here are spent surrounded by the old Van Diemens Land Pastoral Company (hence my user name) which up until very recently still operated under Royal Warrant only to be consumed by the voracious appetite of Chinese interests. I’m heavy in thought as I pen this whilst smoking Latakia flake in a 999 and drinking Guinness and my thoughts drift towards Ireland now the very root of my existence. My family arrived here in Hobart Town in the April of 1822 via Bengal on the “Medway”. Mmmmmm it reminds of a saying my great grandmother would utter, “time flies like the weavers shuttle”. Happy smokes everyone
46AE623F-56CC-4F9D-8F8E-65F14CD7FB6D.jpeg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I guess I’m the most recent forum member to be gifted a pipe from @ashdigger. I received this beautiful little GBD from Tim the other day and I’ve been smoking the the hell out of it ever since.View attachment 170411
View attachment 170412
I’ve been smoking mostly Aeros in it -Vanilla Roll Cake, Presbyterian Reformation, Sillem’s Black etc.
Although it did come with a vintage tin of GBD tobacco included.

View attachment 170413
Thanks again Tim - such a generous gift!

Awesome looking Meer, big Congrats! 🎉🎊🎈

I’ve been really eyeing the meers online lately at Altinay and Altinok!

Enjoy! ❤️

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Been coughing and sneezing since my flu vaccine 💉. Lost my taste for beer 🍺 and pipeweed:)
Smoked all my SG Black Forest (AKA real life equivalent of "Clay King 👑") now; going to dedicate one of my clay pipes to golden Virginia and Cavendish blends including @Chaukisch's "Clay King 👑" when he makes it; he says he's personally selecting the finest golden Virginia leaves for his prized masterpiece:)
Getting ready for Stoptober next month; need to avoid pubs as well to save money 💰 and always get people smoking...
Going to send a friend the Captain Black Original I was given in Nottingham. Good 👍 thing the pipe smoker's meet-up isn't in Stoptober:)
Not going into town except to the refill stall at the market or on the way to catch buses or to / from volunteer days. Going to save a lot of money 💰 next month:)
Not bothered about going in shops or pubs now; I've already stopped using Tesco now!
I might do a charity fundraiser during Stoptober for Macmillan Cancer support in memory of a friend who died of cancer a few years ago.
RIP "Ragnar" (Nathan Wade) 1982-2018.

Is this your friend Nathan?

Sorry to hear mate... :(

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Part way through this bowl of 2021 Watch City Simply Orange Virginia in a black sandblast medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 182/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Time to take out the trash, and check on the ferals.
4AB_Sandblast_left.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.