PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Good Monday morning all. Up early watching proceedings from London on the telly. Elizabethan Mixture is in my pipe.
@UncleRasta I'm wearing my Redcoat while watching the Queen's funeral parade on YouTube.
I tried a clay pipe of Elizabethan Mixture at the Nottingham pipe show! I think it suits this Redcoat:)

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
I decided to try 1/2 bowl of Lane 1-Q for the first time in the Vauen Olaf bent egg while putting out the recycling and garbage for pickup. Wow ! In a word Superb ! This is what I have been looking for in a mild subtle flavorful tobacco. I can see why it is purportedly the number one selling bulk tobacco. Mild, no bite, flavorful, cool, pipe barely gets warm, flavor throughout. The first taste I noticed was the tea and honey of the virginia and it tasted exactly like Newminster 400 Navy Flake and was constant in the background throughout the entire smoke. Then I tasted a very subtle sweet caramel, chocolate, molasses rotating throughout. I didn't taste Vanilla per se as Vanilla but that may have been mild sweetness in the background. I would recommend this for all beginners to try since the flavors are so very subtle not overpowering. It also had a slight smoky campfire taste as well. I really like this but the downside is I enjoyed it too much and zoned out concentrating only on smoking it. This too will be a staple tobacco for me along with the Newminster 400 Navy Flake. I will be ordering more when this runs low.

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
So Lane HS3 is my golden "Clay King"???
Do you think the Clay King 👑 will miss his pipes and baccy during Stoptober next month???
I'd say yay to both. 😁

But it's still a commercially available blend, made for the public. The King always has his own armor, made for him alone and always a little more special than the others.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I'd say yay to both. 😁

But it's still a commercially available blend, made for the public. The King always has his own armor, made for him alone and always a little more special than the others.
@Chaukisch I was looking for a tobacco that meets the colour, blend & strength of my imagined "Clay King 👑" blend:)
I think the Lane HS-3 sounds like the real "Clay King 👑".

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I'd say yay to both. 😁

@Chaukisch Do you think Samuel Gawith Black Forest meets the "Clay King" criteria?
I think I've found another real life "Clay King":)

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
Do you think Samuel Gawith Black Forest meets the "Clay King" criteria?
I think I've found another real life "Clay King":)
You might be right, that really sounds delicious. I'm laughing at the picture they used - Place the sick guy on the tin lid almost right in the middle of the photo, that sure looks good. :ROFLMAO:

OT:
Puffing one of the last fillings of random brick in my little cob.

20220919_155806 - Copy.jpg

20220919_161108 - Copy.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
You might be right, that really sounds delicious. I'm laughing at the picture they used - Place the sick guy on the tin lid almost right in the middle of the photo, that sure looks good. :ROFLMAO:

OT:
Puffing one of the last fillings of random brick in my little cob.

View attachment 170140

View attachment 170141
@Chaukisch UK tobacco packaging has become too PC these days; I notice American blends aren't plastered with such extreme health warnings...
Hope we get to see your old clay again soon...
I would swap the baccy into a leather tobacco pouch or antique jar myself.
Is the SG Black Forest another real life "Clay King" then?
Wearing my Redcoat while watching the Queen's funeral procession. If I was there I'd fit right in:)

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Status
Not open for further replies.