PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I was considering saving this to smoke on the occasion of my birthday in February 2023, but, decided it was too special a gift to wait so long, and decided to run with the theme of gifted pipes I would smoke this weekend. I started with the anniversary present from Susan (the porcelain Royal Copenhagen designed by Jørn Micke).

Forum member, @Ag®o , made this beautiful pipe for me by hand (without a lathe!) It arrived on Friday, from Italy and I couldn’t wait to share it here—with people who would genuinely appreciate it. Ag®o was aware of my love of squat Bulldogs and Rhodesians, and in his design, included his appreciation of ancient Etruscan oil lamps he remembered his father rescuing from the sea.

View attachment 170108

Being an artist, I loved the idea of art history getting incorporated into a pipe, and the idea of old and new converging. The concave face and the underside would show off the Birdseye grain of the pipe.

So, I’m going to have Esoterica Penzance (2021) in what we are calling an Etruscan-Rhodesian with a Gold Band and Hand-cut Stem.

View attachment 170100

View attachment 170106

I love how the concentric circles (and the Ag®o logo on the band) echo the round oil lamp face of the top of the pipe—it’s a wonderful accent and detail on a pipe I am grateful to have and will always treasure.

View attachment 170103

View attachment 170104

Thank you, my friend. My only hope is that the gift I make for you in return will give you as much joy as this pipe does me.

❤️

Wait, I’m lost LOL 😆

Forum member @Ag®o made this, ahhh I didn’t know he made pipes, where have I been this whole time... LOL

@Ag®o do you have a site or Instagram, is this your job, or hobby?

Wow what a pipe! ❤️

Based on suggestions from other forum members ( Dino, LotusEater, etc…) I am bringing back my other pipes back in rotation. I will still smoke the Altinay most of the time, but I will also smoke the others occasionally.

Now smoking Golden Triangle Paulina in a Paykoc Meerschaum Sherlock Holmes- From Sherlock Holmes/ Dr Watson two pipe set

Status
Not open for further replies.