PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
The regular Balkan Sobranie is a gimmick to generate sales based on the blend name. Balkan Sobranie Original Match (White Knight) was an attempt to replicate the original and has Yenidje.
I bought a pound of White Knight in tins 5 years ago before it was available in bulk. (Or maybe it was, but not in Canuck Land.) F me. I still think it’s very good and the tins are fairing well, but I only crave it about once per year around the first snowfall. Thankfully I don’t mind my Latakia mellowed out.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I bought a pound of White Knight in tins 5 years ago before it was available in bulk. (Or maybe it was, but not in Canuck Land.) F me. I still think it’s very good and the tins are fairing well, but I only crave it about once per year around the first snowfall. Thankfully I don’t mind my Latakia mellowed out.
You would likely enjoy LJ Peretti's Royal much better.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with a slice of pecan pie and a small scoop of vanilla bean ice cream for dessert. I'm just finishing this bowl of year 2018 Solani 633 in a straight 1954 patent Dunhill 148 Group 3 black shell bulldog made for the France market with a black saddle vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_1954_Shell_Bulldog148.jpg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
I was considering saving this to smoke on the occasion of my birthday in February 2023, but, decided it was too special a gift to wait so long, and decided to run with the theme of gifted pipes I would smoke this weekend. I started with the anniversary present from Susan (the porcelain Royal Copenhagen designed by Jørn Micke).

Forum member, @Ag®o , made this beautiful pipe for me by hand (without a lathe!) It arrived on Friday, from Italy and I couldn’t wait to share it here—with people who would genuinely appreciate it. Ag®o was aware of my love of squat Bulldogs and Rhodesians, and in his design, included his appreciation of ancient Etruscan oil lamps he remembered his father rescuing from the sea.

lucerne-12.jpg

Being an artist, I loved the idea of art history getting incorporated into a pipe, and the idea of old and new converging. The concave face and the underside would show off the Birdseye grain of the pipe.

So, I’m going to have Esoterica Penzance (2021) in what we are calling an Etruscan-Rhodesian with a Gold Band and Hand-cut Stem.

IMG_20220918_231118.jpg

IMG_20220918_235314.jpg

I love how the concentric circles (and the Ag®o logo on the band) echo the round oil lamp face of the top of the pipe—it’s a wonderful accent and detail on a pipe I am grateful to have and will always treasure.

IMG_20220918_231145.jpg

IMG_20220918_231316__01.jpg

Thank you, my friend. My only hope is that the gift I make for you in return will give you as much joy as this pipe does me.

❤️

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
I was considering saving this to smoke on the occasion of my birthday in February 2023, but, decided it was too special a gift to wait so long, and decided to run with the theme of gifted pipes I would smoke this weekend. I started with the anniversary present from Susan (the porcelain Royal Copenhagen designed by Jørn Micke).

Forum member, @Ag®o , made this beautiful pipe for me by hand (without a lathe!) It arrived on Friday, from Italy and I couldn’t wait to share it here—with people who would genuinely appreciate it. Ag®o was aware of my love of squat Bulldogs and Rhodesians, and in his design, included his appreciation of ancient Etruscan oil lamps he remembered his father rescuing from the sea.

View attachment 170108

Being an artist, I loved the idea of art history getting incorporated into a pipe, and the idea of old and new converging. The concave face and the underside would show off the Birdseye grain of the pipe.

So, I’m going to have Esoterica Penzance (2021) in what we are calling an Etruscan-Rhodesian with a Gold Band and Hand-cut Stem.

View attachment 170100

View attachment 170106

I love how the concentric circles (and the Ag®o logo on the band) echo the round oil lamp face of the top of the pipe—it’s a wonderful accent and detail on a pipe I am grateful to have and will always treasure.

View attachment 170103

View attachment 170104

Thank you, my friend. My only hope is that the gift I make for you in return will give you as much joy as this pipe does me.

❤️
Sooooooo beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.