PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty Envy apple, and am a third of the way through this bowl of year 2013 Sam Gawith Squadron Leader in a straight post-1981 GBD Prehistoric 133 billiard with brass accents, the letter K stamped on the shank with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
GBD Prehistoric Billiard.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Finished work for the day, fed Daisy the Feral Princess, and am smoking Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a very much appreciated 1979 brown, slight bend grain etched flat front Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09) with a black vulcanite saddle stem. That'll do it for me today. Watching a long lost Jim Croce special I had been wanting to see for many years, and I discovered it's on YouTube at last. Good way to end a day.
Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09).jpg

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
How is it compared to Shogun? I have always wanted to read it, just never got around to it.
I read Shogun around the same time I originally read Musashi, I think you’ll find more detail of everyday life and a lot more historical information. This is set in the 16thC and I believe Shogun in the 17th or 18thC, please correct me if I’m wrong as I’ll probably find another copy of Shogun to read when I’m done with this but if you like Shogun I’m sure you’ll love this too. It’s sometimes sold in different volumes as opposed to the whole collection like this book so make sure you know which version you’re getting if you go online. I got mine on eBay.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
I got this 1903 Charles Maas recently but the amber stem has been poorly replaced with what I can only say resembles a 1960’s dime store comb handle. A little plumbers gossamer tape allowed it to screw on securely and it’s drawing well and the pipe itself smokes great so I think I’m gonna leave it as is.
Having some 2016 McClelland Christmas Cheer in it at the moment, lovely blend as one would expect. image.jpgimage.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.