PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Wednesday is when my bicycling club meets, but the chilly onset of fall discouraged turnout and ambition. As we were getting ready to call it a night, I couldn’t help but think I could go for a nice zingy VaPer before bed. So I stuffed some Watch City Rouxgaroux into my Savinelli not long after getting home. Delicious, my sweet tooth is being sated. Needless to say, I’m on the mailing list for the next drop…

B89B370B-D842-4916-836C-EC56BE40A8D3.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty Jazz apple, and have about a third of a bowl left of year 2013 Capstan Blue in a 2015 Ryan Alden quarter bend burgundy sandblasted Queen of Hearts freehand with a black acrylic saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Going to clean a few pipes now.
Ryan_Alden_QueenofHearts.jpg

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
@Winnipeger I like the shape of the top one; that's a pipe I'd smoke if it was made of clay:)
Now to get a bit more Old Toby down my throat!
That Ropp is a great pipe. Great value. Smokes great. I love the cutty shape. I had a very similar clay, but I snapped the the shank off of it while wrapping in it twine. I was a little drunk and pulled on it a little too forcefully while tying a knot. Haven't gotten around to replacing it yet. The smoking properties of a clay pipe are second to none.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Seattle Pipe Club Give Me Liberty in a straight smooth medium brown pre-1920 straight Marechal Ruchon & Cie. Royale apple with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. First time smoking this pipe. It took me a while to decide it would be a dedicated Virginia pipe.
Marechal Ruchon & Cie. Royale apple.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
That Ropp is a great pipe. Great value. Smokes great. I love the cutty shape. I had a very similar clay, but I snapped the the shank off of it while wrapping in it twine. I was a little drunk and pulled on it a little too forcefully while tying a knot. Haven't gotten around to replacing it yet. The smoking properties of a clay pipe are second to none.
@Winnipeger I've broken a few clays myself...

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching a documentary on Irving Thalberg. I wish I hadn't missed the beginning of it, but hopefully TCM will replay it sometime.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

ChonkyTonks

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2022
Philly
Morning pipe: C&D Dreams of Kadath in my freebie Dr. Grabow. Interesting thing I have experienced with this blend in my still neophyte phase; the pipe does affect the blend. I had Kadath in this pipe two mornings ago and the flavors were so vibrant (as they are right now). I had this in my bones bulldogs and and it was different: muted, not as much nuance.

Status
Not open for further replies.