PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, filet mignon, mushrooms and green beans dinner with orange slices for dessert. Now smoking year 1985 MacBaren Scottish Mixture in a 2015 Basil Meadows Bing Crosby Merchant Service replica with a smooth straight thin shank, aluminum band and black ebonite stem. Time to brew some Community Coffee.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
By any chance,Did you got this beauty from a European based vendor?
Yes I got this from Estervals. It took approximately 3 weeks, almost 4, to arrive from Germany (I'm in the United States). It took about 10 days to actually leave Germany. It arrived here at my local post office and was going to be sent back to Germany but I managed to RUN to the post office with 15 minutes 'til close and rescue it.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Part way through this bowl of Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth straight late ‘50s, early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Cleaning a few pipes.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Opened a tin of Cornell & Deihl Rajah’s Court with 4 years of age. This is an Oriental forward English blend, which is not discussed much but has high ratings on Tobacco Review. Smoking it in a Dunhill Tanshell Diplomat from 1977 View attachment 42429
I’ve eyed that one several times but never pulled the trigger. How do you like it?

I find it quite complex, but I may have been focusing on this a lot! First few puffs were sweet fruity from the red virginia, and I was wondering where did the orientals go? But then the orientals came to the forefront with full force, with woody incense like notes. I am at mid bowl with orientals dominating, but I can taste the red Virginia and the Latakia. Bright Virginia is muted, but I can still taste it occasionally. The first smoke is excellent so far till mid bowl.
I’ve eyed that one several times but never pulled the trigger. How do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.