Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost half way through this bowl of D&R Penhooker Silver in a 2015 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend tomato military mount with an aluminum accent, Woolly Mammoth horn ferrule, and cumberland p-lip stem. This will get me to dinner time. Watching game two of the Braves-Nats double header.

virkia

Lifer
Jan 30, 2020
Early 20th Cent. one-piece briar stamped A.D.P + G. L. Pease CARAVAN:-

20200904_161827_resized.jpg
Unusual conical spur on the briar more usual on clay churchwardens and on such as this larger than standard size although admittedly with a far smaller bowl than the oversized Cadger.
Made by C.Crop of London (1840-1924).

A.D.P.
Adolph and brother David Posener traded in London from 1861 until 1877 but he kept the A.D.P nomenclature on his pipes after his brother left the partnership - David being his middle name - until 1899 although the silverware was stamped A.P .

A.D.P. Trivia
(An A.D.P pipe features in Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes short story "Silver Blaze" (1892):-
"We all filed into the front room, and sat round the central table, while the Inspector unlocked a square tin box and laid a small heap of things before us. There was a box of vestas, two inches of tallow candle, an A.D.P. briar-root pipe, a pouch of sealskin with half an ounce of long-cut cavendish, a silver watch with a gold chain, five sovereigns in gold, an aluminium pencil-case, a few papers, and an ivory-handled knife with a very delicate inflexible blade marked Weiss & Co., London.
'This is a very singular knife,' said Holmes, lifting it up and examining it minutely. 'I presume, as I see blood-stains upon it, that it is the one which was found in the dead man's grasp. Watson, this knife is surely in your line.'").

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, filet mignon, mushrooms and green beans dinner with cherries and grapes for dessert. Now smoking year 2015 John Aylesbury Sir John’s Curly Cut in a 1999 Brebbia black sandblasted quarter bend egg small pocket pipe with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink as it has been all day.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Part way through this bowl of Prince Albert in a medium bend black sandblasted IPSD 2016 Mark Tinsky book keeper 5 with a square shank and a black acrylic saddle stem with a cream colored accent. One of M'lady's favorite blends. She loves the room note.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
St. Bruno: Ready Rubbed in a Falcon with a Meer bowl...
izFApMc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.