120 Fresh Peterson Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Passed right over my head - your handle, and the Southern Cross! Now your actions seem not only as not even eccentric, but perfectly appropriate for one with a strong interest area! For your interest, althought I'm sure you know this, here is an outstanding recording of Host's "The Planets", with the CSO, the best orchestra ever in the US, and the most admired American Orchestra throughout the world! This recording is dazzling! The first movement, Mars - The Bringer of War, features what most consider to be the best brass section in the world! Salut! and enjoy!

Thank you for sharing. I’ve always enjoyed Holst.

gord

Part of the Furniture Now
Yes. It's all that pipe has seen, too. I have a Peterson Baskerville for Rouxgaroux, too. It occasionally gives the 4AB a day of rest.
View attachment 343613
I have recently seen the real advantages of having a dedicated pipe! I have six or seven now that only see one tobacco. I'm finding it makes a real difference! I'm even thinking in terms of dedicated pairs, like you mention above. Have two pairs already. Wokrs! especially with a favoured tobacco! Thanks for your comment on this.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I have recently seen the real advantages of having a dedicated pipe! I have six or seven now that only see one tobacco. I'm finding it makes a real difference! I'm even thinking in terms of dedicated pairs, like you mention above. Have two pairs already. Wokrs! especially with a favoured tobacco! Thanks for your comment on this.
You are very welcome.

Almost a third of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Orlik Golden Sliced in an early 20th century Gordon Special Bruyere 49 apple with a triangular shank and tapered black vulcanite stem. This may get me to dinner time.
Gordon Special Bruyere 49 apple.jpg

dublinpiper90

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 31, 2023
North Carolina
Peterson Nightcap in a James Upshall Churchwarden
View attachment 343487Nightcap is my all time favorite blend, however it wasn’t like that in the beginning, I have a Medico Churchwarden that is dedicated to heavy English blends Nightcap being probably the most smoked from it however getting to the point if you like nightcap then you will love nightcap if smoked in a Churchwarden, Great combination @PaulRVA

WirelessSmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2024
New England
A mix of Mac Baren Virginia Flake, and Peterson University Flake in a bent MM General cob. I often thought of these larger cobs as a bit of a novelty, but this version is a real fine smoker. A lot of room for tobacco, maybe double of my other cobs. I can see having one of these dedicated to bonfire duty.

IMG_9167.jpg