***What Are You Smoking, October 2024?***

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Think I'll be smoking a lot of cigars after my just posted ordeal ends on Thursday. I'm still trying to decide whether I like pipes or cigars better. Probably never will!
I like both equally but off late I have been smoking cigars a bit more. I will swing back since this happens quite often with me.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Up at 4 am to star gaze??? Odd, you don't look crazy.
Of course, my handle is Telescopes, lol. My chances of viewing the Southern Hemisphere are far and few between so it’s always nice to see constellations like the Southern cross when I can. But, you do have to be a little eccentric…

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and have passed the first third of this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Papua New Guinea, neat, is my drink. Watching Bat Masterson with Sleepy Suzy by my side. All the ferals except for the absent Abner the Eager ate a while ago.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

MisterBadger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2024
Ludlow, UK
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and have passed the first third of this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Papua New Guinea, neat, is my drink. Watching Bat Masterson with Sleepy Suzy by my side. All the ferals except for the absent Abner the Eager ate a while ago.
- Is this a Rougaroux-dedicated pipe, perchance?

Roach1

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 25, 2023
Germany
C&D Autumn Evening in a cob
View attachment 343596
Autumn Evening seems to be showing up more in WAYS thread. That must mean Fall is officially here.
I have tin that i jarred last year and also cleaned up a Jirsa 107 to dedicate to it that has been in the rack and umsmoked for about 15 years. I also have 4 tins cellared. It is the only blend the wife likes. Jetemy Reeves also did a Video about it last week. I guess it's Autumn Evening time again.

gord

Part of the Furniture Now
Of course, my handle is Telescopes, lol. My chances of viewing the Southern Hemisphere are far and few between so it’s always nice to see constellations like the Southern cross when I can. But, you do have to be a little eccentric…

Passed right over my head - your handle, and the Southern Cross! Now your actions seem not only as not even eccentric, but perfectly appropriate for one with a strong interest area! For your interest, althought I'm sure you know this, here is an outstanding recording of Host's "The Planets", with the CSO, the best orchestra ever in the US, and the most admired American Orchestra throughout the world! This recording is dazzling! The first movement, Mars - The Bringer of War, features what most consider to be the best brass section in the world! Salut! and enjoy!

Last edited: