PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

MisterBadger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2024
Ludlow, UK
Smoke of the Day: after washing down the cider mill, hauling the press and scratter into its barn for the winter, and sweeping up a ton of leaves. Old Gowrie in a Jambo wide shanked African Meer and cafe au naturel. The slight bite of the Perique seems to resonate with the seasonal chill nip in the air. I love the quality of the early evening light on the leaves in Autumn, too. The gold of the yellowing birches against the azure of a clear sky, is something else.
Jambo Gowrie.jpgBirch.jpg

gord

Part of the Furniture Now
Here's my agenda for the rest of the week. Final breaking in of the only three pipes I have that are not. All the rest smoke well (some might need a few more puffs), but everything else is smokeable. Details below the picture:

Today's Festivities for Forum OPT.JPG

Pipes on the white tray of the squalor (I think my best yet! :ROFLMAO: ) from left to right: Meerschaum lined bowl in Falcon bent being biased for rum based aromatics; center is a brand new bowl, (independent make, UNLINED yayyyyy!) in my International Falcon, and on the right is my almost there Meer, only fodder so far is Sunday Picnic, but other similar orientals will be smoked in the pipe as well. I figure I'll be at these until Thursday, by which time my tastebuds, tongue and lips will be shot and will have to resort to the medicine contained in that ridiculous smiley mug given to me about 50 years ago by my sister and I haven't the heart to put it where it really belongs). Other notable parts of this squaolor are my rousting dog Ricoh, who is a 20 year old Shih-Tzu, Ricoh; totally blind, totally deaf and has been for 4 years now. He deserves a thread in the miscellaneous area and will get one soon.

What you cant see in the picture is the lane or alley in the space above Ricoh's head. It's precisely 7.5 meters long, and ends at the kitchen/dining room opening, which has a 7.5 meter Olympic Air Pistol target and bullet trap set up, and gets regular use from the right side of the sofa I'm sitting on to take this picture, quite often while I'm smoking a pipe. I need the practice as i am as bad with a pistol as I am good with a rifle. Always been that way, and practice doesn't seem t help much. as you could tell by the few holes in the wall in the dining area beyond the trap.

Have a great day, and I'll check in from time to time to see what y'all are puffin' on, eh?:ROFLMAO:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the half way mark of this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

gord

First smoke of OJK for me. Little cob doing the work. Blind bought a pound of Pegasus and OJK. Glad I did! Just got it jarred up and ready for the cellar. Also picked up 8oz of Chenet’s cake. Haven’t broke into that one yet. View attachment 343569
Antelope country? Looks a bit like some of the terrain I've hunted them on in Wyoming.

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
Antelope country? Looks a bit like some of the terrain I've hunted them on in Wyoming.
There’s a few in the panhandle. None around here though. I worked in Wyoming and they’re definitely plentiful there. Was also a bachelor group of young bull elk that hung out in the area I was working. Crappy cell phone pics, but they were a sight to behold.CF02B0F1-7D9D-4CF9-A32A-62023360C132.jpeg73D71FAC-35CA-421B-BE0B-507F1E20D27F.jpeg

gord

There’s a few in the panhandle. None around here though. I worked in Wyoming and they’re definitely plentiful there. Was also a bachelor group of young bull elk that hung out in the area I was working. Crappy cell phone pics, but they were a sight to behold.View attachment 343585View attachment 343586
Magnificent! Thanks for taking the time to post these!!