PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I spent the entire morning assembling a drum 🥁 set for my youngest despite my only relationship with music so far has been to tune my eldest’s violin 🎻 😀

Things we have to do for kids 😉
Yup!

Told my 2 kids that studying music was non-negotiable but they were allowed to choose their instrument

Older boy decided on the Jamaican steel drum - probably thinking there was no way I’d find him a tutor.

Several hours of ringing around and I found him both a drum AND a tutor (a Jamaican lecturer in Carribean music)

Problem then was I had to drive him an hour to his lessons, hang around, then another hour home every Saturday !

But boy, I made sure he stuck to those lessons - for 3 years 😏

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost a third of the way through this bowl of 2019 Prince Albert in an undated, unbranded straight smooth brown made in France Los Alton VBF Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Watching Wyatt Earp with Sleepy Suzy by my side.
Los_Alton_VBF_Canadian.jpg

• Love
Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and have passed the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2013 Esoterica Tilbury in a smooth medium bend 1999 Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Milverton with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem. Dunno if I'll have another smoke before bed time. Depends on how much I get done.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes_Milverton.jpg

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian