PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, sword fish steaks and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm not far from finishing this bowl of KBV Dread Planet 2023 in a straight smooth brown 1920s (Comoy’s) Lions Head 123 pot with a black tapered vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching the Padres-Dodgers game.
Comoy’s_Lion's Head 123 pot.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue Flake in a smooth dark brown post-WWII Comoy’s Grand Slam 340 patent billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Fed all the ferals. After Abner the Eager ate, he hid under the kitchen able so he wouldn't be bothered by the other cats. Such a sweet, gentle soul. Getting ready to clean a few pipes.
Comoy's_Grand Slam_340billard.jpg

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
I mixed up a batch of Sutliff Sweet virginia cut with Lane 1-Q in my drying box. Smoking some in the Peterson Pub Pipe. The second 1/2 of the bag of Sweet Virginia has a profuse fresh prune scent. Maybe all the flavor fell to the bottom of the bag. ;) On Saturday I was smoking my Peterson Pub pipe and put it down for about 15-20 minutes. When I picked it up it was predictably out ... or so I thought ... I was absentmindedly drawing on it on the way to the car and after about 3 minutes it re-lit whatever warm ember was in it just as I was reaching for the lighter !! What a great pipe !

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
2018 Dunbar in my MarTelo billiard.

IMG-2408.jpg

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Knocked out some sundry tasks late this afternoon/early evening with a flake of OGS in a Stefano rhodesian as my companion. Completely redeemed my experience yesterday, foolishly trying to have a half-flake of Peterson flake without drying it. As though I've learned nothing in the four years I've been on here...might as well have just stuffed some of my mustang's feces in the bowl and lit up! Glad to be back on track again. 9/10

Bird report: California scrub-jay, Steller's jay, House finch, American crow, Oak titmouse, White-breasted nuthatch, Mourning dove, Hairy woodpecker, Red-tailed hawk, California quail, California towhee, Mountain chickadee, White-crowned sparrow, Anna's hummingbird, and Northern flicker. Another full cast today.

stefano.jpg