PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
I

It’s a tea like no other that I’ve tasted. I’ve had the real thing served sweet with Yak milk but that’s hard to replicate here in Tassie. My suggestion is find a tea house/blender and buy off them as the shop purchased stuff just won’t cut it but YMMV on that. I get mine from a tiny tea house 300km from where I live and she ships it to me and it’s well worth the effort to do so, pairs magnificently with Virginia’s.
I was so intrigued by your discussion of Russian Caravan tea that I went to a reputable tea house here in the USA that I’ve purchased from before and bought some!
Arrives in few days. Going to try it with raw goats milk since Yaks are “scarce in these here parts”.

Skink

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2021
Ronkonkoma, NY
Sutliff Tobacco Galleria: Night Cap in a No-name Rusticated Lovat while grilling some lamb loin chops that have been marinating the past 2 days.
1000007799-jpg.340395

Attachments

• 1000007799.jpg
    1000007799.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 18

WirelessSmoke

Might Stick Around
Jul 14, 2024
New England
Enjoyed Peterson Early Morning Pipe in a MM Seconds Legend cob. EMP has really grown on me in the last few times I smoked it. Last smoke of the weekend, but happy to get two sessions in yesterday, as well as today. There's also something quite enjoyable about lighting up a fine blend in a cheap cob with a Bic.

PEMPCOB.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of year 2014 Astley’s No. 55 in a 1915-1920 straight smooth dark brown BBB Own Make 150 apple with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Phillies beat the Mets. Padres and Dodgers start play after the top of the hour.
BBB_Own Make_150_apple.jpg

VDL_Piper

Lifer
Jun 4, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
I was so intrigued by your discussion of Russian Caravan tea that I went to a reputable tea house here in the USA that I’ve purchased from before and bought some!
Arrives in few days. Going to try it with raw goats milk since Yaks are “scarce in these here parts”.
Gosh I hope you like it. It's very earthy and smoky and I like it sweet as mentioned. I do find the whole history of the tea quite unique and how it happened upon its name is also quite a story as its reputed to take on all its flavours from its journey through Tibet and the spice route. Googling the history of Russian Caravan Tea will provide you with many hours of intriguing study.