PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BingBong

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2024
London UK
And how might the Germain Latakia Flake compare to Mac Baren HH Latakia Flake, if you’ve tried both? I have an opened tin of the HH, to be opened one of these days if the wind ever stops blowing (unlikely).
Different beasts; SLF is surprisingly Oriental forward whereas the Mac Baren gave me Islay malt peatiness followed by cedar and tea. Both very nice indeed, in their own way - I smoked a lot of the MB maybe three or four years ago.

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
Sigmund, you always have one damn fine looking pipe, one after the other, and they keep on coming. With such happy shiny black stems! Maybe it’s the way you photograph them. Whatever it is, they’re great.
Thanks! Most the stems on the Italian pipes are acrylic so they dont turn. I keep my vulcanite stems clean and waxed so they are also black. I had a serious case of PAD this year but Ive slowed down a lot. Luckily for my budget most of them are estates but the cost still adds up. That said, I do have my eye on another Kai pipe but its in need of some help so if I buy the pipe its less than the cost of a new sav or pete.

I had a buffing wheel for my actual work. It is great for maintining pipes.

rsshreck32

Lifer
Aug 1, 2023
Western PA
I think I need to find someone that wants to trade a few tins of something I’ll actually smoke for a pound of it minus one smoke🤨

It’s good, but I was hoping for a fuller, stronger tobacco reading reviews of last years and description of this one.
Think C&D Winchester, but less strength and added pancake.
Thats kind of what I figured. I've mostly given up on aromatics. They taste ok usually but they're weak.