PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JoburgB2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 30, 2024
Dundee, Scotland
Well, well. What’s this? A bright, sunny morning here in east central Scotland, with a bit of warmth, and no wind? Rare. So heading out for a brisk walk along the waterfront. Filled up with Pipe Force Episode IV (the one with the stoved Katerini & Rustica, Latakia, and red Virginia). In a Brigham straight Rhodesian.
View attachment 342823
Nice walk, nice smoke. The Episode IV was flavourful, dry and musty, a bit of herbal. I used less than an eighth of a flake, crumbled gently, not rubbed out, and filled the little pebbles medium loose. There is the expected expansion with the flame. The smoky astringent aftertaste on the lips and tongue is a pleasant reminder. The Brigham gave a nice smoke, no gurgle, the rock maple insert doing its job. No relight required, except one that followed a firm-ish tamp down. The walk along the Tay was a simple joy. It was low tide, the lowest I have seen for a long while, and the waders were all out stepping amongst the mud, seeking their breakfast; grey heron, curlew, oystercatchers, sandpiper, and a plump grey seal floated toward me on the pier, blowing and snorting occasionally. Nice gentle start to the day!

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
I cant get a good picture today, its dark and gray. This is the new to me kai. I cleaned it up, steamed out some damage and matched the stain. Smoking some Louisana Broken plus salty dogs. Maybe we will have sun in a coupld of days. This gloom is getting old fast.

Edit...new photo taken outside.

View attachment 342853
Looks great! Nice work.