PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Had a good bowl of PS Cube Cut in my Dr Grabow Omega this morning. It had sat out for a few days before smoking, so it was nice and dry. Combined with fairly low humidity today, it stayed lit remarkably well.

Toward the second half, I started picking up some cigar notes from the burley. Perhaps it's worth its own thread, but I'm curious why that's happening. Is that an essential part of the burley flavor that I'm just getting better at picking out whenever I smoke it? Or something about my physiology that won't be common with other palates, like the soapy cilantro thing? Or is it just a sign that I still smoke too fast and can make anything turn acrid? :LOL:

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
That sounds like a great experiment.
@RobNYC Video of clay pipe smoking competition from Harpole, Northamptonshire:
I contacted the organisers and they replied saying they use St Bruno Ready Rubbed in the clay pipes.
I'd like to get hold of a giant clay pipe like these:
It would be fun to find out how much they hold & how long they take to smoke!

RobNYC

Lifer
Dec 10, 2021
Queens, N.Y.
@RobNYC Video of clay pipe smoking competition from Harpole, Northamptonshire:
I contacted the organisers and they replied saying they use St Bruno Ready Rubbed in the clay pipes.
I'd like to get hold of a giant clay pipe like these:
It would be fun to find out how much they hold & how long they take to smoke!
Nice!

RobNYC

Lifer
Dec 10, 2021
Queens, N.Y.
@RobNYC I'd like to take part in the clay pipe smoking competition but need to practice first.
Do you think I should get a giant 'cadger' clay? A King Size clay for the Clay King:)
Absolutely. A clay king NEEDS to have a king-sized clay. Anything else would be uncivilized. You definitely should practice and take part in a competition. Show them who the king REALLY is!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Absolutely. A clay king NEEDS to have a king-sized clay. Anything else would be uncivilized. You definitely should practice and take part in a competition. Show them who the king REALLY is!
@RobNYC I once made a clay pipe of St Bruno Ready Rubbed last 54 minutes; need to see if I can get at least an hour's smoke out of it... Beat @Ahi Ka in a Redcoat vs Kiwi clay pipe smoke-off! I think my clays hold between 2 & 3g of baccy.

Status
Not open for further replies.