PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Ben.R.C. and Tate, thanks for your kind words. I'm well over a year now without cigarettes, and life is much better with pipes.

Ben.R.C., I just browsed some of that maker's work, and I can definitely see how some would fit right in with your current pieces.

For me, on to Abingdon in the humble Nording. I've decided to really explore some Lat mixtures this season. So far, Abingdon seems to like this 22cm X 40cm chamber best.
20231024_225435.jpg

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Back in saddle again with some Tripple play in my newly restored Chacom military pipe. This bad boy was seriously beat. Someone who loved to use shoes to empty their pipe beat the crap out of the rim and a lot of the pipe. I dont know if its a great smoker yet but its really comfortable.

View attachment 255399
Looks Great! "I'd smoke that.."

Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
I started the "Corn Cobs phase" of my rotation a couple of days ago but after smoking just one pipe, I decided for an (very) early "intermezzo" with the meerschaum. In it I have Scandinavik Mixture and by it the "can't do without it" morning coffee. For many decades the "traditional" greek breakfast -at least for men- was coffee and tobaco (mostly cigarettes). I try to keep the tradition (but I cheat a little, I drink a fruits/vegetables mixed juice and eat 2 little biscuits before).
I wish you all good people a nice Wednesday!

Scandinavik Mixture - Meerschaum pipe.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite. Listening to The Green Hornet from my radio collection.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Finished work early to rest my back. Fed the ferals with no drama for a change.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.