PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skippy B. Coyote

Can't Leave
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
IMG20231019135855~2.jpg

Starting my day with a big bowl of Mac Baren Vanilla Flake in my aromatic dedicated Country Gentleman.

You know that feeling when you find the right pipe for you? The one that just fits in your hand perfectly and is comfortable to smoke anytime? A bent Country Gentleman with a bent C type Forever Stem is one of those pipes for me. The big bowl makes it perfect for taking with on the hour long walk I usually take before breakfast every morning, and since it's a cob I don't have to worry if it ever gets scratched or the rim gets burnt a little.

As much as I enjoy my assortment of more expensive fancier pipes I could probably be perfectly happy with just a few Country Gentlemans and a few Dr Grabow Larks, which is the one other pipe that just feels right in my hand.puffy

Ghosted Tamper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2023
South West, US
Wow! I've always wondered who got this pipe. It was part of my first batch for Smoking Pipes so I never knew who bought it. I'm happy to see it's been serving you well so far. Thanks for sharing!

Regarding the Ivorite "beauty mark", yes I chose it over sandblasting all that beautiful grain due to a small superficial flaw. I took the inspiration from Jeff Gracik who does this frequently.

Just recently I did it again on this Ballerina, this time with Ebonite as the customer didn't want to blast the front panel and lose those birdseyes.
Thank you for your insight, Luiz!

Fortunately, I was able to snag this Lumberman. This was indeed from your first batch of pipes listed on Smoking Pipes (I believe May of 2021?). I had to autopilot purchase because I fell in love at first sight. The cross-grain is nearly as perfect as is attainable with a stummel of this length (that I've seen). I love the overall shaping of this piece. The details and engineering are perfect; smokes like a dream.

Your eye for carving is exquisite, as you craft beautiful pipes. I'm glad to see you are doing well; deservedly so!

Status
Not open for further replies.