PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Just finished cleaning up my latest addition, a London made Kaywoodie Straight Grain Dublin #13. By many accounts Comoy’s made K’s for the London store but I can’t see them doing an entire line with the synchro stem and unfortunately so little is known about UK made K’s that it’s hard to know for sure. I’ll post a thread later in the hope someone on here can help with this.
Anyway I was the only bidder and snapped it up for £9 ($11), it’s cleaned up nicely with just the hint of a ghost in there but from age not tobacco, you know that musty funk if you’re an estate buyer. I’m having some MacB Vanilla Rolls in it atm to try and smoke it out but I think it’ll need a bourbon bath and salt to cleanse it properly. That said I couldn’t be happier with it. image.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
'11 FVF in the MarTelo panel w/bakelite.

View attachment 254477
@bluegrassbrian I enjoyed the Full Virginia Flake in my clay pipes; Appleyard's in Buxton sells it loose. Got 20g of Coniston Cut Plug & a sample pack of Bob's Flake last time I went there, another plastic free day as I got some washing up liquid refills & filled my water bottles at the Pump Room drinking fountain. Not much single use with me!

Status
Not open for further replies.