PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
A break for a neighbourhood bushwalk with my son and daughter-in-law-to-be and their little terrier.
First day of daylight saving, so enjoying the extra hour of daylight.

Settling down to a bowl of rubbed out and well dried 2012 Peter Stokkebye Luxury Twist

In a NOS Stanwell Shape 38 Lovat

Lots of cold water to drink

image.jpg

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Thank you to everyone for the well wishes! I'm glad to be bombarding you all with my sarcasm and bad puns a part of this community.

Had a lovely dinner of turkey lasagna with a Grifone Sangiovese table red, and had a small bowl of C&D Star Of The East flake (sample courtesy of @solideogloria86 ) in my Savinelli Bacco 321 bent author. Saw three shooting stars. A great way to end a great day!

bacco & pouch.jpg

Christos D. Tsatsaronis

Part of the Furniture Now
I have never been familiarized with Peter Heinrichs blends. Just tried a few samples here and there. Same case now. Elias, an old member of our pipe club, during the last meeting he gave me a sample of No 110. It's good. A combination (depends also on the smoking pace) of creamy, spicy, fruity and "Virginia earth/ground" notes... In a MM cob from the Rusticob series, the stem is changed by GL pipes - George Leousis. Thank you Elias for the tobacco.
Here, it's still summer, I think I will go to the beach today, as yesterday.

Have a nice Sunday good people.

Peter Heinrichs 110 - MM Corn Cob.JPG

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Good morning and happy Sunday. Let's go with the second bowl of the morning, with mb: HH Pure virginia, in a Ser Jacopo Calabash. This is the second time this has happened to me, but I was going to buy a pipe last night, and ended up buying more whiskey. I have already told my wife, that the tap water tastes like chlorine, and is too calcareous, hard water. Congratulations to Servant King and sittingbear.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just passing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2012 Sutliff BRG in a brown “rocky” smooth medium bend 1970s Peterson 309 Standard sculpted billiard military mount with a nickel ferrule and a black vulcanite saddle stem. Have enough for a couple of more bowls. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_Sculpted.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of year 2012 Carter Hall in a black rusticated medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 437/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This'll end my smoking day.
4AB_Rust_right.jpg

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
I wonder if they sent you Lane HGL by mistake, which is Lane RLP-6 with latakia
RLP-6 is Capt Black White (molasses) and 1-Q is Capt Black Royal (caramel)
I don't have sufficient experience with varieties of tobacco to determine that ... in fact that is why I am trying other brands to get experience in types. Could very well be ... the bag note is clearly a tangy molasses to me. Also Lane 1-Q allegedly has little nicotine but I feel a bit intoxicated after a full bowl and I have a high nicotine tolerance. Its good and I wouldn't return it in fact if it were a mistake it would become another another item on next order. The virginia in it is definitely newminster 400 about 70% of mix. The bag does say Lane Limited 1-Q though. I may have to by a packet of both captain blacks and do a side buy side comparison. !!!

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Good nights. Let's start with a C&D Byzantium bowl, in a MM General bent. And a glass of bourbon. I was watching with my wife the Amazon Prime series Outer Range. I was in awe of the scenery seen in the movie, it's supposed to be the state of Wyoming. I don't know how, but before I die, I have to visit the United States. Buy me a cowboy hat, drink Old Forester and visit the center of the United States, decide between, Wyoming, Nebraska, Dakota, that central area, Montana, etc, it calls my attention for its incredible landscapes, its typical towns. I think I'm going to have to sell all my sister-in-law's jewelry to be able to finance the trip.
You might as well get a visa for an extended stay. You might not want to head back to Spain. Head south toward California and you’ll even be at home speaking the language.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
You might as well get a visa for an extended stay. You might not want to head back to Spain. Head south toward California and you’ll even be at home speaking the language.
To be honest. I would love to work a good season, learn English, I would stop writing like a fuel vending machine. Make new friends, meet the forum guys, it would be a beautiful enriching experience. Just thinking about it makes my hair stand on end. Thanks telescopes.

Status
Not open for further replies.