PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Blend #2 in my gracious sample package is Gawith and Hoggarth Bosun’s Cut Plug. The Kaywoodie Campus White Briar will probably be my dedicated Lakeland pipe-not a large bowl, but not tiny with thin enough walls to keep me from hotboxing the blend (I’m still new enough to need a reminder to slow down, don’t sweat the relights instead of puffing like mad to keep a bowl of unknown to me tobak from going out).
The Virginia and Dark Fired are quality, breaking through the scenting/casing which is sweetly floral in nature but balances the strength of the tobacco surprisingly nicely.
Only on a retrohale or a French inhale does the perfumey/rosey scent become a little more off putting than I’d prefer, but it’s a grand experience nonetheless.
Gets a little wet towards the end.
3.25/4
4FAEC07B-FFF7-457D-9472-0810302C4378.jpeg
Off to feed the horses….

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
Louisiana Broken in my Mitakidis dublin.

B67-D8-DAB-980-B-46-A6-A15-D-CAFEFADEAD08.png

JSPiper71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
Blend #2 in my gracious sample package is Gawith and Hoggarth Bosun’s Cut Plug. The Kaywoodie Campus White Briar will probably be my dedicated Lakeland pipe-not a large bowl, but not tiny with thin enough walls to keep me from hotboxing the blend (I’m still new enough to need a reminder to slow down, don’t sweat the relights instead of puffing like mad to keep a bowl of unknown to me tobak from going out).
The Virginia and Dark Fired are quality, breaking through the scenting/casing which is sweetly floral in nature but balances the strength of the tobacco surprisingly nicely.
Only on a retrohale or a French inhale does the perfumey/rosey scent become a little more off putting than I’d prefer, but it’s a grand experience nonetheless.
Gets a little wet towards the end.
3.25/4
View attachment 261480
Off to feed the horses….
Hilarious. I was generously gifted some of this as well from @ben88. It’s been sitting in a jar for a couple of years and I literally just picked it up and said, ‘maybe tonight’s the night I try it.’ Then I looked at the whole Lakeland thing and needing to fret about which pipe I was going to use. Ended up going with an old faithful VaPer instead. Thanks for the review. I will try soon and let you know my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.