PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the half way mark on this bowl of Fall 2023 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a 2003 smooth reddish brown medium bend, gold banded 3 Star Ferndown Tudor Root with a tapered black acrylic stem. I can tell this version was aged longer than previous productions. It's smoother and a tad spicier.
Ferndown_TudorRoot.jpg

H

HRPufnstuf

More experimentation! First ever VaPer, in the Shortie.

IMG_0102.JPG

Spicy but not hot. Curing house flavour/aroma. like the curing loft at Lower Fort Garry in Manitoba. More assertive retrohale but still pleasant. The smoke seems thicker, and fuller. Puts me in mind of a nice highland scotch to compliment it - something leading with clover honey, Dalwhinnie. Finishing note of bread?

H

HRPufnstuf

Yeah, I received a tobacco order today. Does it show? Putting the Crumble Kake VaPer in the meer now (not Krumble as I previously posted). I'm having almost as much fun as Tate!

SMS Tomato.JPG

That bready note I fist experienced has resolved itself into a more definite gingerbread/allspice cookie aroma, but subtler. Zestier than the Red Virginia Kake.

Last edited by a moderator:

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
HH Pure Virginia in a Pete 264

53212867882_b4035d8a5d_k.jpg

Tate

Lifer
Sep 27, 2023
Northern Illinois
Passing the half way mark on this bowl of Fall 2023 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a 2003 smooth reddish brown medium bend, gold banded 3 Star Ferndown Tudor Root with a tapered black acrylic stem. I can tell this version was aged longer than previous productions. It's smoother and a tad spicier.
View attachment 259262
Just had a little taster of Rouxgaroux in a small clay. Fantastic stuff, Jim! The quality of leaf in these blends is automatically noticeable. The cleanness of the flavors. Excited for a full bowl after dinner!

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
Smoked both my Scottie pipes today. KBV 2023 Goblin City in the smooth...
IMG_3727.jpeg
Goblin-City-2023-600x600.jpg
...(I like this blend a lot. It's different. I like blends that have a mere whisper of Latakia. This is a great Oriental/Balkan, whatever you want to call it. TR calls it a Scottish blend. cray Hey! TR is back up and running again!)...

...and C&D Autumn Evening in the blasted Dublin.
IMG_3781.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.