PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Finished work and other things that needed my attention. Last smoke of the day is Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

milk

Lifer
Sep 21, 2022
Japan
IMG_6358.jpeg
Really focusing on a Virginia-based tobaccos after discovering I’m allergic to Latakia has made me enjoy pipe smoking more - in the end. I had to get over the initial sadness of giving up something I loved. This is my Dunhill ‘52 Bruyere: Old Gowrie tonight. I think I’m finally starting to taste natural Virginias. I didn’t “get” Rattray’s Old Gowrie before.

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row” Richmond Virginia USA
View attachment 261308
Really focusing on a Virginia-based tobaccos after discovering I’m allergic to Latakia has made me enjoy pipe smoking more - in the end. I had to get over the initial sadness of giving up something I loved. This is my Dunhill ‘52 Bruyere: Old Gowrie tonight. I think I’m finally starting to taste natural Virginias. I didn’t “get” Rattray’s Old Gowrie before.
Beautiful Canadian

Stoaks

Might Stick Around
Sep 21, 2023
Canton, GA, USA
Excellent stuff! That and Burley Flake #2 are high on my list!
I'm only a few bowls in so I don't have my head all the way around the blend yet. I know I love the second half of the bowl when the perique fruitiness creeps in and the whole thing comes into its own for me.

But I haven't quite figured out the first half, which still has some sharpness despite my efforts so far. Not bad, mind, just young burley being young burley best I can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.