PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
On this day, ten years ago, my grandfather died from cancer and the family got together to remember a great husband, father and grandfather. A great man who never had much but gave with two hands, the church was packed with people when he was laid to rest.

I feel like a bowl of straight VA in clay.

View attachment 184283

The coffee blend is airing out and ready to be dried, smells strong and delicious.

View attachment 184284

One step closer to excellence. ;)
I got all the ingredients today and start the second soak tomorrow, everything is prepared. Updates will follow!

@UncleRasta - Get better soon. Bless up!
@Chaukisch Been planting some of these yesterday:
Liquidambar - Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquidambar
Also known as Sweetgum; I chose the name "Clay King" for mine!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
On this day, ten years ago, my grandfather died from cancer and the family got together to remember a great husband, father and grandfather. A great man who never had much but gave with two hands, the church was packed with people when he was laid to rest.

I feel like a bowl of straight VA in clay.

View attachment 184283

The coffee blend is airing out and ready to be dried, smells strong and delicious.

View attachment 184284

One step closer to excellence. ;)
I got all the ingredients today and start the second soak tomorrow, everything is prepared. Updates will follow!

@UncleRasta - Get better soon. Bless up!
@Chaukisch Is that some of the Straight Virginia for the "Clay King"; looks a nice colour in the clay pipe!

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Been feeling really dodgy since Monday. Well thankfully it's not Covid, but some chest/cold/flu thing that has knocked the stuffing out of me. My sides ache from coughing and sneezing. A smart person would avoid smoking but I can't find one nearby so I took a chance and smoked the Brown Clunee that I'd set up in a Rossi 8510 since Sunday night. I can still taste the tobacco so that's good, but I'd be best served by giving my chest a couple more days to recover.
I hope you get to feeling better soon

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Luxury Navy Flake in a homemade, Stacked Billiard
81lygwh.jpg

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
This forum, @cosmicfolklore and @didimauw in particular, is helping me deal with my phobia of dried-out tobacco. I set some Sutliff ERR Match out on a plate for a couple hours in our desiccatingly-dry house, then filled this cob and left it to dry further overnight.

Today has been chilly, with super-gusty winds all day, so I've only gone out to smoke for brief periods. When I can successfully get the flame to the tobacco, it has smoked very nicely, though. :)

cob_err_1130.jpg

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
Been feeling really dodgy since Monday. Well thankfully it's not Covid, but some chest/cold/flu thing that has knocked the stuffing out of me. My sides ache from coughing and sneezing. A smart person would avoid smoking but I can't find one nearby so I took a chance and smoked the Brown Clunee that I'd set up in a Rossi 8510 since Sunday night. I can still taste the tobacco so that's good, but I'd be best served by giving my chest a couple more days to recover.
I know the feeling! Feel better sir!

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
This forum, @cosmicfolklore and @didimauw in particular, is helping me deal with my phobia of dried-out tobacco. I set some Sutliff ERR Match out on a plate for a couple hours in our desiccatingly-dry house, then filled this cob and left it to dry further overnight.

Today has been chilly, with super-gusty winds all day, so I've only gone out to smoke for brief periods. When I can successfully get the flame to the tobacco, it has smoked very nicely, though. :)

View attachment 184305
Once I tried it, I never looked back. Moist tobacco is vile to me. Once you start trying different blends like this, you will truly understand!

Status
Not open for further replies.