PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
Thanks I had no idea the barcode addressed the date of the product.
Oh yeah, look at that. I didn't know either, didn't even catch my eye when I looked at it.
I’ve been infusing Woods Navy Rum with Zemli and Medjool Dates but made a few variations of it which will remain secret for now. It’s for a burley forward blend and a VaPer I’m going to work on. I have some large granite blocks that’ll hopefully produce a good flake.
We’ll have to swap notes at some point as I’m very new to blending from whole leaf and would appreciate some pointers from your experience. 🙏
That sauce sounds great, if you ever have any questions make sure to hit me up with a PM. I'll be happy to share what little I learned so far. Stone blocks work pretty well, I got a good 370lb worth of pavement slabs that I use for pressing. It's more work and the pressure is not equally distributed without a proper mould but it certainly works.

Hi @Chaukisch did I miss out an article on presses?
Not at all, I'm using the same old construction.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Virginia Gold Lemon, straight'n'sweet in briar.

View attachment 183094

Made a tobacco-coffee burrito. The strips are thoroughly soaked with sweet and strong coffee from freshly ground "organic" Arabica beans.

View attachment 183096

Wrapped up in a Virginia leaf and ready to go. Afterwards I tightly wrapped it in the parchment paper and a bunch of layers of cling wrap. They're being pressed now, I'm gonna check back at the end of the month.

View attachment 183100

Have a nice day!
@Chaukisch Love the colour of the Virginia Gold Lemon 🍋!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
About a third of a bowl left of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
Going to smoke some Pegasus in my second new Savinelli this month: a Giubileo d'Oro Smooth Brown (704) Liverpool. First bowl in a brand spanking new pipe. It's so pretty I almost feel bad lighting it up. This is "Legacy Stock" from smokingpipes.com; an unsmoked pipe produced sometime between 1975 and 2005. So few new Savinellis have vulcanite stems, I decided to buy a couple of these while they're available. I don't see myself as a collector, but I guess in this case, since I've acquired three smooth Savinelli pipes of similar size and shape (a 701 estate Lovat, a 702 Billiard (on layaway), and this 704 Liverpool), it's beginning to amount to a collection. I've got one more pipe on its way this year (a Tsuge Tokyo sandblasted cherrywood) then I'm DONE blowing money on investing in pipes. 😬

IMG_3039.jpeg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Feeling weak and tired today during my volunteer day with the Don Catchment Rivers Trust; lost my appetite and off the beer 🍺 & pipeweed...
Made myself a hot honey 🍯 and lemon 🍋 drink to soothe my throat; in effect "Clay King 👑" in a mug:)
Still fancy trying the lemon 🍋 peel infused mead like @Chaukisch is spraying the Gold Lemon 🍋 Virginia leaf for the "Clay King 👑". I could use the lemon 🍋 juice to make a hot honey 🍯 and lemon 🍋 drink like @Chaukisch recommends.
He says the "Clay King 👑" needs more honey 🍯, lemon 🍋 & mead to really make it shine as bright as that fantastic looking Gold Lemon 🍋 Virginia leaf!
Hope I get better soon!

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
My bird day smoke will be my last two coins of PSLBF in my Stefano Santambrogio bent Rhodesian. A bit windy today, so this will be enjoyed in the workspace after lunch. Bird report: California scrub-jay, California towhee, Mountain chickadee, Oak titmouse, Steller's jay, Dark-eyed junco, White-crowned sparrow, Chipping sparrow (these two travel together), House finch, California thrasher, California quail, Common raven, Northern flicker, White-breasted nuthatch, Brewer's blackbird (pictured below) and Western bluebird. Basically everyone.

Got an organic nine pounder at Whole Foods last week, which will go well with sides of candied yams, cranberry sauce, green beans, and cornbread. Gonna be a good one this year, folks! Hope you all enjoy yours just as much. 🙏

stefano.jpg

11.18.22 bird tree OR sky 2.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
And now the time has come. May the first version of the Clay King blend please stand up so we can all bask in it's gentle but royal deliciousness. Spotlight, drum roll and applause with three heavy cheers:
The Clay King's clay pipe blend has left the jar!
Its formula may be young but it will grow up to be a very royal and mellow fellow. I'm sure!

From left to right:
Virginia Gold Lemon, Virginia Gold Lemon sprayed with lemon peel infused mead, pressed, cut into flakes and rubbed up, English style (unflavored) Black Cavendish and also the Danish style (vanilla/Canadian maple syrup) Black Cavendish.

View attachment 182675

Mixed up and, of course, sampled in a clay pipe.

View attachment 182676

The mead soaked part needs much more flavor or this current blend needs much less Black Cavendish.
But still... The smoke is oh so sweet, the coolest cat you ever wanna meet! But there's no honey or lemon to it.

I have the comparison between my first aromatic and this one. I found out that you want to go all out with the sauce but distribute it sparingly. Not the other way around. I'll take some more of the mead soaked flakes to try them on their own and mix them into this Mk. I version of the blend.

I wish they taught us this in school, this is one leafy bunch of real fun!

Great effort! If everyone took care of his immediate environment like you do than this planet would be in much better shape. I got leftovers from yesterdays kale dish, it filled me for the whole day and it's so delicious and rich that I could eat it for a whole week without getting sick of it.

Damn right! That's my favorite too, just the way I had it since childhood. There also are slices of hard boiled eggs in it. Mh, mh, mh! Molto delizioso!
@Chaukisch I think the vanilla & maple syrup flavour Cavendish should go very well with the honey 🍯 & lemon 🍋 flavours of the Gold Lemon 🍋 Virginia leaf 🍃 for the "Clay King 👑"!

Status
Not open for further replies.