PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Virginia Gold Lemon, straight'n'sweet in briar.

View attachment 183094

Made a tobacco-coffee burrito. The strips are thoroughly soaked with sweet and strong coffee from freshly ground "organic" Arabica beans.

View attachment 183096

Wrapped up in a Virginia leaf and ready to go. Afterwards I tightly wrapped it in the parchment paper and a bunch of layers of cling wrap. They're being pressed now, I'm gonna check back at the end of the month.

View attachment 183100

Have a nice day!
That sounds good, I’m working on my own top and sauce right now, I need a bigger steamer before I can start actually working in the leaf though.
I got this European tin of Erinmore recently and was wondering if you could put an age on it judging by the price? I’m thinking 90/00’s. image.jpgimage.jpg

JimK

Lifer
Feb 11, 2021
Good day all and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the States! Starting apropos with Peterson De Luxe Navy Rolls in a companionable Upshall sandblast Dublin with smooth rim and eighth-bent tapered stem size 4. Finished the customary day's reading of Winslow's eyewitness account of the three-day feast that triggered the Holiday, namely his Letter of 11 December 1621 which also commemorated the newly signed 1621 Peace Treaty that has the distinction of being the only treaty fully honored by both sides during the lives of the signers. A holiday not just with food on the table, but food for thought. PAX

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
That sounds good, I’m working on my own top and sauce right now, I need a bigger steamer before I can start actually working in the leaf though.
What kind of flavor are you going to make? A steamer sounds nice and professional.
I got this European tin of Erinmore recently and was wondering if you could put an age on it judging by the price? I’m thinking 90/00’s. View attachment 183114
I have no clue about commercial pipe tobaccos but I can see the date 14.4.93 - April 14th 1993 under the health warnings. I also don't know what the "KB/AR/KE" means, Google doesn't tell me anything.

avail

Can't Leave
Oct 13, 2015
Michigan
This is Paul’s Arrowhead Pipe Club Mixture, in the Savinelli classic red billiard, leftover coffee re-heated with whole milk, plus a shot of dry mix vanilla caramel latté…contemplating prep of the Thanksgiving day victuals.

I tightly packed some of the blend in the base of the bowl to cut down on the juice, kinda worked, but the latter half of the bowl sizzled and crackled non-stop, especially with a draw. Maybe I should set some out for an hour beforehand, see what happens.

132A2F30-6F14-40C2-B049-A526846118C3.jpeg

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
What kind of flavor are you going to make? A steamer sounds nice and professional.

I have no clue about commercial pipe tobaccos but I can see the date 14.4.93 - April 14th 1993 under the health warnings. I also don't know what the "KB/AR/KE" means, Google doesn't tell me anything.
Thanks I had no idea the barcode addressed the date of the product.

I’m just looking for a kitchen worktop steamer, nothing fancy.
I’ve been infusing Woods Navy Rum with Zemli and Medjool Dates but made a few variations of it which will remain secret for now. It’s for a burley forward blend and a VaPer I’m going to work on. I have some large granite blocks that’ll hopefully produce a good flake.
We’ll have to swap notes at some point as I’m very new to blending from whole leaf and would appreciate some pointers from your experience. 🙏

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
Felt like having a mix of leftovers from my wee jar in my wee cob. The Sopranos is running in the background. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, although we don't have that over here. Sadly.
Got some fresh ground and strong coffee jarred up for later, I'll soak the last of my Burley and Kentucky with it and throw in some of the Latakia Virginia Bright, then press it and see what comes out.

View attachment 183084

It'll turn out well. I think I'll rub the flakes up on sunday and dry them so they're ready for a new soak on wednesday. And I won't forget about the Latakia, we went over this so often I wake up in the middle of the night in a fetus position and go "not the Latakia, not the Latakia, not the Latakia". 😁
Thanks for the article, that was a nice read. Now those are presses for serious business!

Hi @Chaukisch did I miss out an article on presses?

Beowoulf

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2022
View attachment 183044
More evil tobacco in a Bullmoose second generation five pointed three star Lee. It’s a Beast of a tobacco. Thanks to @fightnhampster . Only issues I have with it are with being a follower of Christ. Not sure how to reconcile this.
Kinda lost on this one... What does being a "follower of Christ" have to do with smoking a pipe??

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Kids are coming over in a couple hours. Morning chores are done. Turkeys in the oven! I’ve got time for a relaxing holiday smoke.
As I rummaged through my on deck tobacco storage area, I came across a 2012 jar of Boswells Pom Holiday. And so, Pom Holiday in the 2009 Boswell Commissioned, Med. size poker with inset National War College tie clasp. A cup of strong Black tea as well.
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.